How do I transfer my product licenses to a new PC?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How do I transfer my product licenses to a new PC?

Postby XilburQost » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:06 pm

I have several IK Multimedia products including Syntronik and SampleTank 4 on a Windows 10 PC. In a few weeks I will need to transfer these products to a new Windows PC.

QUESTION: What is the procedure for transferring the licenses to my new PC?

I've searched the FAQs but all I can find is info on transferring licenses to another person. Is there a step-by-step procedure somewhere? Thanks.
XilburQost

Re: How do I transfer my product licenses to a new PC?

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:35 pm

Never done it, but

-- I would use the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") to UnAuthorize them first,
-- copy across the sounds libraries,
-- install the IKPM on the second system,
-- using the IKPM, download, install and Authorize each product on the second system,
-- set the sounds library locations in the various products' Preference Settings.

Some older products many need to be Authorized using the older Authorization Manager.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: How do I transfer my product licenses to a new PC?

Postby AlfSiochi1 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:05 pm

DarkStar wrote:Never done it, but

-- I would use the IK Product Manager ("IKPM") to UnAuthorize them first,
-- copy across the sounds libraries,
-- install the IKPM on the second system,
-- using the IKPM, download, install and Authorize each product on the second system,
-- set the sounds library locations in the various products' Preference Settings.

Some older products many need to be Authorized using the older Authorization Manager.

After those steps, will you also need to go to custom shop and restore your purchases?

I'm also thinking of getting a new computer. My current laptop can barely handle SampleTank 4 inside a DAW, especially the newer ST4 instruments like the Electric Grand Piano. It's a real CPU hog. I frequently hear popping sounds and the CPU meter goes into the upper 70% and higher.

Any specs you recommend on a new computer to handle this? My current laptop is much better than the minimal and suggested system requirements listed on the specs tab for SampleTank 4. (My system has 16 GB ram, 500 GB internal SSD, two external USB 500 GB SSDs, Windows 10, Intel Core i7). Perhaps there are other system optimizations I need to do?
AlfSiochi1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More