ST 4 crashing Studio One 5; CPU meter maxed out

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST 4 crashing Studio One 5; CPU meter maxed out

Postby AlfSiochi1 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:45 pm

When I first installed Sample Tank 4 along with several sounds including Electric Grand, and used it in Studio One, Sample Tank 4 would close and open in Studio One as expected. I was having problems with the CPU maxing out whenever I would load an Electric Grand. So I tried re-installing the Electric Grand. Then, after that, every time I would try to close the Sample Tank 4 window I would get an error from studio one and it would crash. (Actually, I just couldn't get the error dialog to go away, it would keep re-appearing after I hit OK, and I would have to use ctrl-alt-del to bring up the Task Manager and stop Studio One.)

After looking around I found ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1239 that discussed the folder structure for the sounds. I found an extra folder, the Library Resources Folder, and the offending file was Electric Grand C70P.pak. It was the only file in this folder.
When I removed this file, the problem stopped. Also, with that file in place, it looked like there were two icons for the electric grand piano in sample tank 4. One of them looked normal, while the other looked like it had a lock on it. When I first installed the sound, the second icon with the lock wasn't there. After reinstalling, it appeared. Then, whenever I would use the sample tank 4 VST in Studio One, if I closed the sample tank window, studio one would crash.

After I took out the file, I only have the normal Electric Grand Piano icon (the locked one isn't there anymore), and Studio One doesn't crash anymore.

Also, I found that the CPU increases a lot if you enable the low latency monitoring for instruments, and for the Electric Grand it maxes out. If you don't enable low latency monitoring, the CPU demands are significantly less, and I can actually play the sounds in sample tank 4 without any noticeable delay between hitting a key on the keyboard controller and hearing the sound through the monitors. Hope this helps.
AlfSiochi1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More