Looking for some help with PARTS in SampleTank4

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Looking for some help with PARTS in SampleTank4

Postby fayfay4044 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:19 am

Hello, I've been looking around online as to how to do this, but no luck so far, so coming here for some help.

In the PARTS area of ST4 where I can load up to 16 instruments, I'm trying to understand how to actually play, through the keyboard (Irig Keys 2) the different parts using different instruments in each part.

I can play the instruments all together when they are all set to say Midi 1. But if I set to midi 1, 2, 3 etc...only part 1 plays through the keyboard, the others either don't play, or only play through the ST4 keyboard.

What I want to do is play each instrument /each part through the keyboard via it's own midi channel.

I'm using Logic Pro.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
fayfay4044

Re: Looking for some help with PARTS in SampleTank4

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:16 pm

Hello fayfay4044 and welcome to the forum.

You are more than halfway there :)

To play an instrument on a different MIDI channel all you need to do is change the MIDI channel used by the MIDI keyboard itself (which keyboard are you using?). The keyboard's User Manual should explain how to do it. Or, in some DAWs, you can set the track to receive the MIDI from the keyboard and put it onto a specified MIDI channel.

Also, you do not need to load a Multi to have instruments on different channels. You can load your own choice of instruments and drag the MIDI channel number up/down to set it for each one.

And, with SampleTank loaded in a DAW, you can send MIDI notes on several channels all st once to trigger multiple sounds.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby fayfay4044 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Hi DarkStar, thank you for your quick reply.

So now I can change the midi channels, which allows me to play across ST4 parts. For example I can play piano, strings, pads etc through one software instrument channel. Very helpful, thank you.

However.... I would like to play ST4 instruments through different software instrument channels in Logic. So if I have four ST4 instruments / parts then I also have four corresponding software instrument tracks in Logic.

I'm stuck on how to do this.

I've been looking at YouTube and videos on Logic's Midi Environment, but I'm not sure this is the right way to go.
fayfay4044

Postby DarkStar » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:10 pm

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More