Sample Tank for Live Use

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sample Tank for Live Use

Postby LilyM123 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:53 pm

Having just installed ST4 I'm trying to figure out a few ways to streamline things for live performance.

First I deleted the Sounds zip folders after extracting. I am wondering if after installing"all those files, can I then delete them? ...or is that indeed where the library resides.

Second I got some kind of warning when downloading ST4 to install all Sounds before installing instruments. I didn't really understand that bit I installed all the sounds. I would like to pair that down for live performance and just have the instruments I will be using. What's the best way to do this? I'd like as little as needed and possible actually loaded into ST4
LilyM123

Re: Sample Tank for Live Use

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:12 pm

Deleting the .zip downloads after installation is OK. If you need to, you can download them again for 180 days after Registration of SampleTank.But it would be wise to back up the installed library to a separate disk, just in case.

I am not too sure about that warning message.

Yes, you can remove some of the files, if you have a good understanding of the folder hierarchy and contents. But make that back-up first. Technical Support may be able to give you specific advice.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More