CP70 tuning issues

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

CP70 tuning issues

Postby mscheurer » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:38 am

Hey all,
anyone else finding the CP70 out of tune in the lower register to the point of being unusable?

Amazing how many issues an uninstall will fix...
mscheurer

Re: CP70 tuning issues

Postby mscheurer » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:22 pm

I should have specified, whilst the lower registers are a little off the "G0" is the only note really bad!

Have opened a support ticket...
Last edited by mscheurer on Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mscheurer

Postby zzz00m » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:04 pm

I can confirm this issue with the "G0" note, at any velocity. The other notes in the lower register are only slightly flat, but not to this extent.
zzz00m

Postby mscheurer » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:30 pm

Can all those who have noticed this issue please log a support call so we can get this resolved?
mscheurer

Postby darkogav » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:31 am

I checked this in my DAW as well. Yes, the tuning of G in lower register does go out. But so do other notes. I also compared to another similar electric piano VI I have, Addictive Keys, and that does it as well. I don't know if it's an inherent characteristic on those electric pianos?
darkogav

Postby mscheurer » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:24 pm

darkogav wrote:I checked this in my DAW as well. Yes, the tuning of G in lower register does go out. But so do other notes. I also compared to another similar electric piano VI I have, Addictive Keys, and that does it as well. I don't know if it's an inherent characteristic on those electric pianos?

I do agree here, the tuning is off on the entire thing, which is true to the original, but as someone who plays with both hands it's a little hard to avoid G0 and anyone but the tone deaf will have issue with a note that's out by -41 cents compared to the rest of the keyboard.

Anyway, finally had a response from tech support, apparently they have passed it onto the developers who may or may not fix it, considering it was passed by QC I doubt we will ever see a fix...
mscheurer

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More