How to install ST4 Max and Miroslav 2 correct?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How to install ST4 Max and Miroslav 2 correct?

Postby kenth0 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:13 pm

Hi!
I find the installation process of ST4 Max totally confusing!
In the pdfguide there is no instruction how to install when using the IK Product Manager. At least I cant find it. I also Have Syntronik Deluxe (installed w/o problem) but now I need to install Miroslav 2 and ST4 Max.

I sucessfully installed the ST4 from the Product manager. So far so good and it started up. But I cant see that it is the ST4 Max I have installed since that not showing up, just ST4.
And I can see my Syntronik in the library, but only an icon says Syntronik, not deluxe.

I have downloaded every single sound for both Miroslav and ST4 and saved them on a harddrive. Then what to do? Shall I install the files one ny one or in a special order? And after that? Shall I install the Miroslav 2 soundfiles also one by one?
Cause I sure dont know...!

Best regards,
Kenth
kenth0

Re: How to install ST4 Max and Miroslav 2 correct?

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:02 pm

ST4 and ST4 MAX look exactly the same. The difference is in the sounds libraries.

Exactly how did you download the ST4 and MP2 sounds library downloads?

What folder(s) is/are set in ST4's Preference Settings/Sound content?
What Downloads folder is set in IKPM''s Preference Settings?

In the IKPM, click the [?} button for a link to the User Manual.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kenth0 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:00 am

Hi DarkStar!

Thank you for fast reply!
Ok, so the differences between versions are the soundsets.

I downloaded all sounds from my production page from the IK web.
My time to download my soundsets where up so I even had to pay to get the sound again.
It's very timeconsuming to get the soundsets that way. Is there a better way? I dont know.

The setting in ST4 are:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK MultimediaSampleTank 4
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK MultimediaSampleTank 3

I have Syntronik Deluxe since earlier installation
But in the Library of ST4 it shows as Syntronik Free...why?

In IKPM it's:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK MultimediaSampleTank 3

Today I installed the Miroslav 2 too, but not the soundsets yet before I have a reply from you how to manage that

So there it is. And I have not change any paths, they are all default set.
I dont know why there are so many paths, or why Phil 2 uses the ST3 path...

Best regards,
Kenth
kenth0

Postby DarkStar » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:04 pm

For some products you can order a USB stick version. but that costs a bit more.

The IK Product Manager ("IKPM") is provided to remove much of the hassle of downloading and installation. But it is not perfect, yet.

Anyway, those two folder names in ST4's Settings look OK. You can always move the installed libraries later on if your wish. The ST4 library should be installed into the first one and the ST3 library into the second.But I think that I would use an extra level:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3

Your Syntronik and Miroslav Philharmonik 2 sounds libraries should also be within the C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK MultimediaSampleTank 3 folder, in sub-folders in the "Instruments" and "Samples" and the other sub-folders.

And that folder should be set in Syntronik and MP2's Preference Settings. The reason for the installation into ST3 library is that the Syntronik and MP2 sounds can be loaded in ST3 and layered along with ST3's sounds.

And , of course, with those two paths in ST4'sPreferences/Sound Content all those sounds can be used in ST4 too.

For more info on the folder organisation, have a look at FAQ 1239:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby kenth0 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:45 pm

Thanks for the installation advice! I thinkt the files, versions, paths and whatnot are not so esasy to keep track of...
No, the IKPM is truly not optimal in design for sure, but it's getting there...

I decided to install the soundsets with IKPM. But I was really dissapointed with how sloooow the servers seemed to be. I am running full speed 500 mbit bit It would have take an eternity to download every single file and installing via IKPM...so I gave up.
I then unzipped every single file I had downloaded manually and painstakingly installed them one by on...

After installing the soundset and updated to 1.5 version, I saw that I missed on, the 1.2 update. But I guess the updates are cumulative, is that true?

When I installed the files I skipped the Phila2 CE files since I already have installed the full Phila 2.
But there were also Orchestral Percussion. But are those part of the full Phila 2?
Was it ok to skip them?

So far so good, but my Syntronik Deluxe now shows up as Syntronik Free. Since I payed lots of mulas for Syntronik I sure dont want to see the free version in my ST library. How to fix that? Do I have to reinstall Syntronik again?...hope not!

So with your awesome help and my awesome patience manually unzipp & installing every files ;) I finally succeded to install and got it running! Thank you! :D

And finally, here is some suggestions for great improvements when downloading soundset files. Since ST4 need 99 files, it would be a great help if the download list really showed a number of how many files it contained. As for now, I have to manually count them to be sure I got all 99! A counter would sure be helpful here!

Best regard,
Kenth
kenth0

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:52 am

The IKPM should not be slow - all it does is download the file for the product you selected then run its installer. Yes, for ST4, it will take a while as there are loads of download files.

Yes, I am pretty sure that the Sounds Updates are cumulative. To check, download v1.2, unZip it and check the Dates Modified against those in the v1.5 update.

I think that the Orchestral Percussion is an add-on to MP2. It will not do any harm to install it.

For Syntronik, Unauthorize it in the IKPM, Register the Syntronik Serial Number (not the Syntronik Free number). Then run the Custom Shop program, login, click your user Account name and select "Restore my Purchases".

About the file counter - in the IKPM here, after the total size of the downloads it can say, for example "(2 of 2 files remaining)". Or go to your User Area / My Products click the [Sounds Downloads] for the product and take a series of screenshots of the files listed, scrolling down each time to see more.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby kenth0 » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi!
Sorry for late reply!
I did just as you suggested but it still shows Syntronik free in ST4
So it did not work at all...

Best regards,
Kenth
kenth0

Postby kenth0 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:30 am

Just want you to know that I also tried to uninstall and reinstall but it still shows Syntronik Free, not Syntronik Deluxe as it should

/K
kenth0

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:56 pm

Try this:
-- UnAuthorize Syntronik in the iKPM,
-- Run the old Authorization Manager and enter the Syntronik Serial Number (not the Syntronik Free number) there,
-- run the Custom Shop and do a "Restore my Purchases".

And, please, raise a Support Ticket reporting that the iKPM does not handle the Authorization of Syntronik when Syntronik Free has been previously authorized.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby kenth0 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:17 pm

Thank you DarkStar!

Will try this and raise a ticket to make sure that IK knows about this!

Best regards,
Kenth
kenth0

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More