Reloading main ST4 Sound Library to diff location

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Reloading main ST4 Sound Library to diff location

Postby cfcboc » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:24 pm

Want to reload the ST4 samples/sounds onto a different drive or logical partition than on the current C:\Users setup, as I have already loaded all the newer ST Sounds add-ons into a seperate logical partition and want to keep all STank libraries in one location.

After loading the "'Sounds" included in the most current release of ST4, does one then have to load the Sounds updates, e.g. ST4_Sound_Library_Update_1_5.zip? Same with those ST4 "extras" like Cuban Trumpet Sounds?

I also have a saved ST4_Sound_Library_Update_1_4.zip and wonder if the 1_5 version contains all the previously offered updates? or do you have to load each update?
I-7 16Gb PC Win10-64bit 2Tb hard drives(3)
Bandlab Cakewalk (formerly Sonar Platinum), BIAB 20xx, Cantabile 3,
Kontakt5, SampleTank 2,3 & 4, VB3, Many Waves, iZotope, NI products
cfcboc

Re: Reloading main ST4 Sound Library to diff location

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:43 pm

A1: For ST4, create a single library location and make sure that it follows the hierarchy shown in this FAQ https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239. Then in ST4's Preference Settings./ Sound Content put that path in the list (and remove the obsolete ones). Go carefully and you sahouls beOK

A2: The Sounds Library Updates are for those users who had installed the library before the Sounds Update was released. The Updates are also incorporated into the main library downloads. So, if you downloaded the main library downloads after the Update's release date then you do not need the Update.

A3: The Extras are just that: extra. You should download / install them.

A4: I think that the Updates as cumulative, so Update 1.5 includes Update 1.4 and earlier.
Perhaps you can unZip them both, compare the contents and let us know.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Reloading main ST4 Sound Library to diff location

Postby cfcboc » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:00 pm

@DarkStar... Thank you for the tips and gusidance. I do recall the struggle to get ST4 sounds/libraries correctly loaded when ST4 first became available, which is why I was hoping the current version has a better installer that makes reloading much easier.

Re: the ST4 Sounds Updates... I'll take a detailed look at the sounds list between the 1.5 and 1.4 Update installers, but I did notice that the 1.5 update was larger than the 1.4 update, so it would make sense that the 1.5 version incorporates all earlier updates.
I-7 16Gb PC Win10-64bit 2Tb hard drives(3)
Bandlab Cakewalk (formerly Sonar Platinum), BIAB 20xx, Cantabile 3,
Kontakt5, SampleTank 2,3 & 4, VB3, Many Waves, iZotope, NI products
cfcboc

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More