Why is volume decreasing in Philharmonik 2?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Why is volume decreasing in Philharmonik 2?

Postby chriso0258 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:54 pm

I added a flute part to my project in Logic Pro X. I did not change any automations such as volume, expression, modulation, etc. However, as the music plays the flute part (lasts 2 measures), the volume noticably decreases. I can open up the mixer in PH 2 as well as in LP and watch the volume decrease as those two measures play.

Just to troubleshoot, I put the note velocity up to 127 on all notes. I opened up the automation window and there is no automation changes.

Any idea what up?

Thanks for any input.
Chris
chriso0258

Re: Why is volume decreasing in Philharmonik 2?

Postby Trensharo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:58 pm

Most of the instruments in Philharmonik 2 have a fairly low volume. If you compare to the instrumetns in Philharmonik 1, the disparity is pretty large.

I'm not sure why it would decrease in value, though. It could have something to do with the pitches you're playing.

Do you have a compressor or limiter on the audio output from the Flute instrument?

And are you sure your audio output (in hardware - interface, speakers or headphones) isn't set too low. Every now and then I'll put mine down and forget to put it back up :-P
Trensharo

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More