Automation of ST4 arpeggiator in my DAW

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Automation of ST4 arpeggiator in my DAW

Postby Dark Lane » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:50 am

Hi All

I'm using the ST4 Sigma Centauri Bass with the arpeggiator for an EDM track I'm working on. Love the sound but I'm struggling to control it in my DAW.

What I want to do is to change the template between verse/chorus/bridge etc but there doesn't seem to be a way to use key switches or CC mapping to do that from my DAW (Tracktion Waveform). It would be nice to be able to also control other parameters like velocity or length but that would be a bonus.

I'm guessing that as Arpeggiator is part of the Player it's just intended for real time use rather than built into my MIDI track which is a shame if true, as it's a real time saver (I dont' have an arpeggiator plug-in in the DAW). My only work-around would be to have separate parts with the same instrument in ST4 and use different MIDI channels to control them individually or to have the same single part instance of ST4 on multiple tracks in my DAW. Neither is very elegant.

Anyone have a better idea? Am I right in what I'm saying about the arpeggiator being a 'live' instrument?

Cheers

Steve
Dark Lane

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More