SampleTank 4 MAX upgrade path?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 MAX upgrade path?

Postby zedd » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:43 am

I'm just curious and couldn't find the answer on the SampleTank pages...

If I own SampleTank 4, is there an upgrade path to get all the extra MAX content (or at least the additional GBs of new SampleTank instruments that is included in MAX)?

Also I was going to select the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE in the Group Buy (and I already own the original Miroslav Philharmonik CE). BUT if there is a reasonable upgrade path to SampleTank 4 MAX, where the full version of Miroslav Philharmonik is included, it would be unnecessary for me to get the Classic Edition once again.

Thanks in advance!

zedd
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Re: SampleTank 4 MAX upgrade path?

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:12 pm

If you go to the Crossgrade/Upgrade section in your User Area, if you have a Qualifying Product then you will see SampleTank 4 MAX available at 299.99 (excluding VAT).

ST4 MAX does not include MP2

And ST4 MAX is NOT part of the current Group Buy, not as a ouchase not as a bonus.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zedd » Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:50 pm

Hey DarkStar!!

Good to see you! I noticed that you are still here too and moderating, after I wrote my message of delight at seeing that Peter is still around. It feels like old times to see you and Peter!! And remember how we used to be in all those Sonic Reality Group Buys, as well? That was at least 10 years ago now.

DarkStar wrote:If you go to the Crossgrade/Upgrade section in your User Area, if you have a Qualifying Product then you will see SampleTank 4 MAX available at 299.99 (excluding VAT).

Thanks for this... I had actually overlooked this Crossgrade/Upgrade section and will now know where to look in future. What I don't know yet is whether there is going to be $99 or $149 upgrade offer to SampleTank 4 MAX once I have officially purchased SampleTank 4. I suspect now, but there ought to be some way to purchase the additional new content at least at a nominal rate... I will buy SampleTank 4 this weekend as my GB entry and see if the Crossgrade offer changes.

DarkStar wrote:ST4 MAX does not include MP2

Oh yeah... it is the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE edition included in MAX.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

And I notice that Clavitube is not listed as being included, so I wonder it is actually not included or if that Comparison Chart is just out-of-date and was made before Clavitube was added to the SampleTank family.

I will check my upgrade offers after purchasing ST4 before choosing bonuses!
Last edited by zedd on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:42 am

Yep. still here ("after all these years") :)

And, it's similar questions but new users (present company excepted, of course).

Whatever Qualifying Product you have (and you may have one already) the ST4 MAX Upgrade/Crossgrade is the same price 299.99 (excluding VAT). At first thought, buying ST4 first, just for the upgrade, does not seem the best path.

But buying ST4 does give you a lot of choice in the Group Buy. Note that the ST4 MAX Upgrade/Crossgrade price will not change.

MAX products have a fixed content. Related products released after the MAX product is released are not included (the same goes for K*mplete). ClaviTube and others were released after ST4 MAX and so are not included. (I guess they will be in ST5 MAX :))
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zedd » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:14 pm

DarkStar wrote:Yep. still here ("after all these years") :)

It is really nice to see some "familiar faces" and good folks from the old days!

DarkStar wrote:But buying ST4 does give you a lot of choice in the Group Buy. Note that the ST4 MAX Upgrade/Crossgrade price will not change.

Yes! I will be joining the Group Buy twice at 2 different price points to complete a few collections.

The extra 160 GB of new instruments in SampleTank 4 Max and the full version of MP2 will be the only significant things I will be missing... but that's no big deal for now since I have all sorts of fantastic pianos and orchestral instruments in other libraries that I use and like. It's not like I am really itching for all the extra instruments right at this moment.

Thanks for the information! For such a Dark Star, you've always seemed pretty bright to me!

zedd
zedd

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More