ST4 VST3 Size ssue

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 VST3 Size ssue

Postby cfcboc » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:22 pm

Hello... Just started to use the ST4 VST3 plugin in the (Bandlab)Cakewalk DAW (2021 latest release version). The plugin loads fine and I'm able to access various Instruments, so it appears to be working successfully.

However, when displaying the plugin, I cannot find a way to resize it so that the rightmost section is not cutoff, e.g. part of the Volume Slider and the Level column on the Instrument screen. Using the mouse cursor to expand the right side or the bottom side, only puts in a gray border. I see no VST3 option to size or expand the screen. Using the Window full-screen icon doesn't change the screen display size.

Am I just missing something simple to resize the plugin? Did a search on "VST" and scanned thru the 358 entries of the search but didn't see any guidance there nor in the User Manual.

My system is a PC Win10-64 (21H1) 16Gb RAM AMD 6 core 2.8Ghz
cfcboc

Re: ST4 VST3 Size ssue

Postby Promidi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:52 am

What is your screen resolution?

Have you tried dragging the lower right of the Sampletank Window to resize it. You might have to drag the window to the left to make the right edge appear.

Does the same thing happen with the VST2 version?

My system is configured as per my signature and I do not have this issue with the VST3 version.
Promidi

Postby cfcboc » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:29 pm

Promidi.... Thanks for your suggestions. When I checkrd the display resolution (1920x1080), I noticed that I had custom scaling active, something I did years back to increase readibility of text on the screen. That hadn't affected any other software, plugins, etc that I was using, but when I turned it off and rebooted, the SampleTank4 VST3 plugin was completely visible, needing only a small mouse drag at the corner to see everything!

So thank you for the suggestions. I'm marking this as resolved!!
I-7 16Gb PC Win10-64bit 2Tb hard drives(3)
Bandlab Cakewalk (formerly Sonar Platinum), BIAB 20xx, Cantabile 3,
Kontakt5, SampleTank 2,3 & 4, VB3, Many Waves, iZotope, NI products
cfcboc

Postby cfcboc » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:41 pm

UPDATE: THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED.

The problem occurred because I had Custom Scaling enabled on my Windows display setting.

Once Custom Scaling was reset to the standard default, the ST4 plugin was totally visible.
cfcboc

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:08 pm

Good oh; but what about the readability of your text?

I would have thought that ST4 (VST3 only?) would have been OK with Custom Scaling. It is worth reporting this to Technical Support.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More