Help me prioritize my VI shopping list

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Help me prioritize my VI shopping list

Postby nightchef » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:01 pm

Hi all! This is my first post here, so please let me know if I'm messing up. I'm a musician & project studio owner, and I've been window-shopping IK software for a long time without biting till the 25th anniversary promo hooked me. I bought in at the $299 level to get the B-3X (good as advertised!).

I've reached the point now where I've added all the obvious "must have" items from my initial list, and now I'm looking for the best way to use whatever freebie slots remain. I have a few more Amplitube amps and at least one more TRackS processor in mind, so I'm probably looking at a maximum of about four more SampleTank instruments, if the promo goes all the way to 25.

Most of my projects are rock or singer/songwriter stuff, but I occasionally get asked to do things like video soundtracks. I'm not very interested in drum kits (happy with my Toontrack stuff) or the EDM-oriented items. And I don't need guitar or bass VIs because I play those things.

Here are the ST4 instruments I have my eye on--I'd love your thoughts on which ones are must-haves, especially for the kinds of applications I've described, and which you think might be more expendable.

Electromagnetik Stage 73 Mark V
Shipwreck Piano
Fractured Piano
Malletopia
Malletension
Cinematic Percussion
Orchestral Percussion
AP Imperial Grand
Brandenburg Piano
Art Deco Piano

Thanks!
Brian