ST4 doesn't REALLY see billiy cobham or Brandenberg[Resolved

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 doesn't REALLY see billiy cobham or Brandenberg[Resolved

Postby 1Dallascat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:23 am

Dark Star,
Or of course, anyone else how might be able to help and have the time to chip in with timely advice, I have had very little sucess with installing either of the above mentioned sounds sets on my win 10 PC...

I have downloaded and registered both sets repeatedly and I can access the cobham sounds, but NOTHING else, no grooves etc even show up

With Brandenburg the sounds are in the sampletank menu but are inactive. When I click on them, I get the you need to authorize BS.... THey Are authorised thru ikpm, through my acct on ik website and thru custom shop to absolutely NO AVAIL.....

Have restarted sampeltank MANY times, have rebooted my PC MANY times, Have had sampletank RESCAN the database MAN"Y times Have downloaded the files many times, they are showing up in file explorer, just where i told ikpm to put them, more than a little frustrated
1Dallascat

Re: Sampletank doesn't REALLY see billiy cobham or Brandenbe

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:06 pm

Just try a "Restore my purchases" in the Custom Shop.

I do not have either of those libraries. So the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby 1Dallascat » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:05 pm

Dark Star,
Thanks for your quick reply!

I failed to mention that I had tried the "restore my purchases" in the custom shop Multiple times as well. I have a couple of other sound libraries, philharmonik 2 and art deco piano, that are working properly in sampletank, so it's not like i don't have a clue as to how to make this stuff work...

Will be glad to post if\when a solution is found, to save someone else all this wasted time and frustration....

I'm still reeling from the fact that modo drums is very cpu specific... and that I cannot install it on ANY of my PC's because they are NOT compatible....

This is the ONLY piece of my IK sofware that has these requirements, and due to the current group buy I now have Most of the IK library on my systems.....

I have a considerable amount of Waves, Black Rooster, Izotope, and Slate VST plugins that are ALL working flawlessly on my PC's. I think IK dropped the ball bigtime on this. MOST importantly, there should be some kind of specific warning on the MAIN modo drums product page for the prospective buyer to be aware that modo has some very specific requirements..

My systems are built with ASUS motherboards, Xeon 6 core CPU's @ 4Ghz, and 12 GB of DDR3 ram..... they not as fast as the newest CPU's out there, but I have never had Reaper Crash when running complex mixes with multiple CPU intensive plugins running
1Dallascat

Postby eddie001 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:10 am

1Dallascat wrote:Dark Star,

I'm still reeling from the fact that modo drums is very cpu specific... and that I cannot install it on ANY of my PC's because they are NOT compatible....

I'm curious, where are you finding this information for Modo requirements? I couldn't find anything in the pdf manual

(sorry, can't help you with your ST problem...)
eddie001

Postby 1Dallascat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:04 am

Dark Star,
You have to look pretty far to find it, and although in one sense, I have certainly run across prg's that have quite high requirements, they usually don't come form the same set of developers, moreover, in the few other situations like this I have run across this, there is a HUGE "red flag" as it were on the main product page, warning potential buyers to make sure their systems are up to snuff. As far as i know in the vst world, most plugins are at a fairly generic standard. Waves. because some of their stuff is so old, has older products that have to be upgraded, because the don't work on Win 10, but all of their latest versions of stuff are across the board equivalent.....

I found this when I went to install modo drums only to get an error msg that my CPU doesn't support "AVn, avX" or some such name commands, and therefore it cancels the installation....
Btw, Modo bass doesn't have this same problem, so i think somebody got lazy or greedy with the coding for modo drums.......
My suspicion is that whatever instructions cqapability they lack are newer multimedia thread handling, likely for games, which leads me to believe that modo drums would run Perfectly on my pc's EXCEPT they wanted them to look ULTRA slick.....

My main PC's in my little project studio, run on homebuilt rigs with decent stuff. High falutin ASUS motherboards that are an overclocker's delight, ddr3 1600 ram, Geforce GTX960 video cards, and decent Sata drives. My Cpu's are both Xeon 6 core processors roughly equivalent to i7 950-970 intel cpus, except they have 6 instead of 4 cores, and support 12 core hyperthreading. They were developed for servers not for enthusiasts but crunch the numbers nicely. I don't run huge cpu load mixes for the most part, but they run great. Btw, they are both overclocked, running at @ 4ghz in both of them. rock stable until some very ocassional win10 update comes along and throws my stuff off, and I have to reset my bios and maybe find some newer drivers for my video cards to deal with it....

My suspicion is that whatever instructions they lack are newer multimedia thread handling, likely for games, which leads me to believe that modo drums would run Perfectly on my pc's EXCEPT they wanted them to look ULTRA slick.....

By the way, there is a webpage link, hidden away on the modo drum page on the ik site, but no one would ever look for it until they got into the situation that I am in.....
1Dallascat

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:58 am

eddie001 wrote:

I'm curious, where are you finding this information for Modo requirements? I couldn't find anything in the pdf manual

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... hp?p=specs

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:02 am

As for Billiy Cobham and Brandenberg:
-- can you post the exact path to the Instrument and Samples files for them?
-- and what file extension do the instruments have? .st3i or .st4i?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby eddie001 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:01 pm

DarkStar wrote:
eddie001 wrote:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/m ... hp?p=specs

Thanks for the info. :)
eddie001

Postby 1Dallascat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:25 pm

DarkStar wrote:As for Billiy Cobham and Brandenberg:
-- can you post the exact path to the Instrument and Samples files for them?
-- and what file extension do the instruments have? .st3i or .st4i?

N:\IK Multi data\Brandenburg Piano
N:\IK Multi data\Billy Cobham Drums

N is the 1st partition on my new 4t data drive
ALL of MY other files of this nature reside here as well inside the PArent directory

N:\IK Multi data

Sampletank
Philhamonik
Syntronik

Etc........

Sample tank is pointed directly at this directory
Even pointed sampletank at both those directories

Wondering if i have to get an older version of the authorization or ikpm....

If in fact that is the case SHAME on ik for not making those apps backwards compatible and for not specifically giving instructions for the installs....

Again have registered, downloaded, authorised, multiple times using ikpm, my User area on the website, in Custom shop etc,,,, it says in my user area that the are BOTH registered
1Dallascat

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Hmm, those 2 locations do not look tight to me. Have a look at this FAQ
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239

I do not think that older versions of the Custom Shop, Product Manager or Authorization Manager will help

and what file extension do the instruments have? .st3i or .st4i?

And, are you using ST3 or St4?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby 1Dallascat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:13 pm

using ST4

Don't know what you are talking about as to file location????

In the very FAQ you pointed me to, it says the following.......

Default SampleTank 4 Sound Content Locations
Mac: Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Documents > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 4
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

NOTE: Since the install path can be customized, navigate to your custom install path if you selected anything besides the default path.

Your sound library will then load up and appear within the Browser section of the software interface, ready to select!
1Dallascat

Postby 1Dallascat » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:16 pm

Ok,,,,,

the digital gods have shown mercy

Did some poking around at the various sound libraries i currently have, and came up with some interesting results... When i looked in the other sound library folders on the aforementioned drive, there was a nested folder that contained all of the actual data for said library.

In both the brandenberg and cobham folders there was no such folder, only a zipped file...
When I unzipped there was a data folder and an installer... Ran the installer and in both cases the exact right kind of content showed up. (several folders just like the other libraries)

Eureka!!!
wemt back into sampletank and rescanned my parent directory, where I had downloaded and installed all my other sample tank sound content to, and I know have fully functional brandenberg and cobham libraries, as well as the cobham loops....

Unfrikkin believable...

Dark Star....
I can't thank you enough for your time and effort in trying to help me through this, it is greatly appreciated...!
1Dallascat

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:32 pm

You're welcome. I'm glad that you have got them sorted out and are now up and running.

Just remember to back up the download files (or the complete ST4 library) somewhere safe so that you will not need to download them again.

----------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More