SampleTank4 Library not loading.

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank4 Library not loading.

Postby machines23 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:01 am

Recently purchased SampleTank 4 in the group buy.
I owned already SampleTank 3 SE, Mirislov 2, SampleMoog, the Grid, SampleTron.
My ST3 directory seems OK, I'm getting access to all of those, but SampleTank4 is broken. I get "Error Part 1 loading issues, Part2 loading issues, Part 3 loading issues" in a pop up menu whenever try loading ST4 library content. I already attempted to reinstall the sounds and plug in, neither solution worked.

I wish there was a couple explanations of the directory for Mac OS, Windows etc. because it's possible something got hosed in the process, and I'm loath to delete Preferences on the chance that SampleMoog etc. get deauthorized...
machines23

Re: SampleTank4 Library not loading.

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:53 am

Please see FAQ https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239

It sounds like you are trying to load Multis . Can you load individual instruments from the ST4 Browser?

Silly question, but have you installed all the ST4 SOunds Library downloads (using the IK Product Manager)?

What is the full path to your ST4 sounds library?
What is the full path to your ST3 sounds library?
What is the full path to your Miroslav 2 sounds library?
What is the full path to your SampleMoog sounds library?

What paths are set in the Preferences of ST4, ST3, Miroslav Philharomik and SampleMoog?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby machines23 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:23 pm

Thanks for the reply. Right away I'm not seeing a Documents folder in the SampleTank 4 path, I have to run off, but tomorrow morning I'll post all that I can!
machines23

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:37 pm

Documents ???
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby machines23 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 am

DarkStar wrote:Documents ???

Hey sorry for the late reply rough customer at work.
In the SampleTank 4 tree shown in the link you posted here, there are two top folders: one labeled Sample Tank 4, and one labeled Documents. At first I though they meant that these two were meant to reside in the same area, but I'm pretty sure it's just a lazy explanation, i.e. the Sample Tank 4 folder is generally in the default location, (but can be put anywhere), and they want you to have another folder in the Win/Mac Documents directory.

What's confusing about it is it looks like the Sample Tank 3 folder is just one monolithic folder with everything in it. That must be a change that means they exist in separate folders for a reason etc.

What I'm dealing with here is some tragic directory issues due to a 5+ year sampletank 3 directory, then an instal of SampleTank 4 in the wrong area, then me putting in a couple locations into SampleTank 4 for libraries etc.

So I need to hunt through multiple ST4 folders for where it deposited things so I can emulate the structure shown in the link you sent, hopefully I don't have to reinstal everything. :x
machines23

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:22 pm

... the Sample Tank 4 folder is generally in the default location, (but can be put anywhere), and they want you to have another folder in the Win/Mac Documents directory.

Yes, that's right. Here,
-- my SampleTank 4 sounds library is at L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
-- various FX presets, multis, set etc are in C:\DarkStar\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4
-- and there are some (Registered?) library info files in C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

Then for SampleTank 3:
-- my SampleTank 3 sounds library is at L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3 (along with the Effects presets, Multis, Library Info etc)
-- the ST3 cache database is in C:\DarkStar\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
-- there is an empty *Imported Instruments" folder in C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3

It sounds like, with a bit of careful re-organising you should be good to go.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby machines23 » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:05 am

DarkStar wrote:It sounds like, with a bit of careful re-organising you should be good to go.

After pairing up and deleting all the multiple folders created etc. everything basically works, except Syntronic Deluxe is not recognized in ST4, the only library that is it the single library I installed outside of Syntronic Deluxe.

Is there any trick I'm missing here?
machines23

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:09 pm

Phew1 Nearly there, then :)

I am not sure what you mean by your post above. Can you clarify it?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby machines23 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:50 am

Syntronic Deluxe has every Syntronic sample library available, installing Deluxe all of them work and load into the Syntronic plug in, but the only one that works in SampleTank 4 is the Memorymoog library that I installed in IK Product Manager separately as it’s own package.
machines23

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:50 am

^^^^
That's weird. All Syntronik instruments use the SampleTank 3 engine (they are .st3i files) and should work quite happily in ST4 (using the built-in ST3 engine). As they do not work for you, please contact Technical Support for one to one advice. And, to help others, let us know how it gets resolved.

(I presume that you did a "Restore my Purchases" in the Custom Shop.)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More