Philharmonik 2 Articulation Maps for Studio One 5

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Philharmonik 2 Articulation Maps for Studio One 5

Postby Trensharo » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:01 pm

Share Link - HERE - Expires in Two Weeks.

Notes:

1. I converted these from my Cubase Expression Maps. Everything seems intact.

2. There is no color coordination.

3. I didn't add Scoring Symbols to anything.

4. I didn't go through and set different things as Momentary, nor did I even bother to set up a Default Articulation for each map. This is definitely something I will do later, and I'll probably post an update when I get around to doing that.

5. I didn't use any specific system for trigger keys, like BabylonWaves does with their maps. I used the keys for each specific library patch.

6. Names are the same as in the Library, except I have removed "Multi" from the names of patches that included that word. The term is redundant :-P

7. I did every keyswitched patch in the Miroslav 2 Library.

8. No maps for Miroslav 1 Libraries are in here. I don't feel like going through that level of typing. I'll probably add a few (like the Choir Libraries) later on, however. If I do, I'll share an updated archive at that time.

Instructions for Windows 10:

1. Download the Archive.
2. Double Click to Open the Archive.
3. Drag and Drop the Presets folder from the Archive to the Studio One directory in your User Directory.
4. In Studio One, Open the Browser and on the Home Tab click "Re-Index Presets"

The Articulation Maps will now show up in the Sound Variation Editor under the folder "Miroslav Philharmonik 2." The folder structure is pretty simple. There are Brass, Strings and Woodwinds subfolders, and each of those has an Ensemble and Solo subfolder which houses the relevant Articulation Maps - similar to the SampleTank 3/Philharmonik 2 plug-in.

Another thing to note:

If you want to create an "Enabled Template," then your machine needs 32GB RAM or above. Without a way to Purge Unused Samples, this causes a template this size to use gobs of RAM (18-19GB) if everything is left enabled. Unfortunately, we're still waiting on this feature to show up. Equivalent template with Native Instruments Kontakt or EastWest Opus Libraries would probably use 4-5GB.

If your Machine has a weaker/old CPU or low amounts of RAM (<=16GB), then you need to create a disabled template and enable instances as needed - removing patches from those instances that you don't need (but do not change the MIDI Channels or placement of the patches that remain in the instances, or your template won't match).

Another workaround is to:
1. Create Multis for Each Ensemble and Solo Instrument Set using both PH2 and PH2CE - doing PH2 first and then leaving gaps and matching channel numbers for equivalent patches in PH2CE.

2. This will allow you to start off using PH2CE, which is a lighter library, and move to PH2 later - when you have a better idea of which patches in the sampler instances you can simply remove. Swapping between the two would be as easy as opening up the relevant sampler instances and switching Multis ;-)

I still have a Basic Philharmonik 2 Orchestral Template that I can share, if someone wants... But it's based on the PH2 plug-in, which is probably not a huge problem, though I'd prefer to use SampleTank 4 if I had to do it over again. I am not rebuilding an 80+ Track Template, though ;-P

If anyone wants that, let me know. It is a "Disabled Template" (All Instrument Instances and Tracks Disabled on Load)
Trensharo

Re: Philharmonik 2 Articulation Maps for Studio One 5

Postby Trensharo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:32 am

Update: I tried porting the template over to SampleTank 4 and I can't finish it. The plug-in crashes repeatedly in Studio One 5.3 once you go past a few instances - and eventually crashes the DAW 100% of the time.

As a result I'm trashing that "project" and cannot provide it due to the risk of system instability. I had to delete like 38 Dump files from these cashes. I really tried!

If building a template of this size, I recommend using the Philharmonik 2 plug-in. SampleTank 4 uses less RAM (better disk streaming), but it is really unstable in Studio One 5.3.
Trensharo

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More