How to access Syntronik instruments in ST4 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How to access Syntronik instruments in ST4 [Resolved]

Postby miketalada » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:51 pm

My new Syntronik instruments show in Sampletank 4. but have a padlock icon over them. If I click on one it just brings up the Product Manager, but I have no idea what it expects me to do with it. What am I missing? Windows 10, btw.
miketalada

Re: How to access Syntronik instruments in Sampletank 4

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:43 am

it sounds like you need to Register Syntronik using its Serial Number in the Product Manager

And, run the Custom Shop program, log in, click on your Account Name and select "Restore my purchases"
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rskrabs » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:44 pm

It works!
Thank you.
rskrabs

Postby miketalada » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:43 pm

Hmm. Didn't work for me, but thanks anyway. They still work fine in Syntronik, it just would be nice if they worked in Sampletank as well.
miketalada

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Hold on, where is that padlock?

If you mean on the left-hand side of the Browser then the Syntronik library is not Authorized / installed.

What are the full paths names in ST4'2 Preferences / Sound Content?
What is the full path to the ST4 library?
What is the full path to the ST3 library?
What is the full path to the Syntronik library?

Maybe you can post some screenshots? https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27252
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby miketalada » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:49 am

I don't see a way to upload an image. But it's the left hand library in SampleTank 4. Standard default path, the ST3 content folder. The funny thing is, I got 3 Syntronik libraries and theuy showed the padlock at first, then later it went away. But then I got the rest (I LOVE the group buy sale!), but the padlocks aren't going away on those. I'm not sure why the first 3 unlocked, I didn't do anything special there, I haven't made any changes. I even went into the foldrrs and visually confirmed that the files were installed where they were supposed to be. Everything works fine in Syntronik. It is only Syntronik Free, but the first 3 I bought unlocked afterward on their own, so I'm confused. I did do a couple screencaps, but apparently I can't upload them here.
miketalada

Postby miketalada » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:53 pm

I did just contact IKM customer support.
miketalada

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:01 pm

That link I posted explains exactly how to post images, You upload them to imgur.com (not here) then post the BBCode link here.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby miketalada » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:16 pm

Sorri, I missed that. Looong day at work. Image
miketalada

Postby miketalada » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:18 pm

And yet the first 3 I bought were the same at first, but somehow unlocked shortly after: Image
miketalada

Postby chuckmbass » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:20 am

Having a similar problem with alot of samples. My Alternate Keys is just not unlocking. It is registered and installed, but sampletank just doesn't wanna hear about it(?)...
chuckmbass

Postby chuckmbass » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:39 am

HEY! I got lucky - after killin' myself for hours (doh!), I saw a post in one of these threads, went to the Custom Shop, hit "Restore My Purchases", and everything seems to be there now - yay! But, man, what an unnecessary frustration and loss of time. I guess it happens... at least my problems seem to be resolved now!

Still -> thank you IK Multimedia for the group purchase!! I have been a huge fan and user for decade(s), and it has been more than a little bit of euphoria getting so many amazing programs and sounds!! I have so leveled up my studio AND my future creations thanks to you!!
chuckmbass

Postby deeteeuk » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:26 pm

DarkStar wrote:it sounds like you need to Register Syntronik using its Serial Number in the Product Manager

And, run the Custom Shop program, log in, click on your Account Name and select "Restore my purchases"

chuckmbass wrote:HEY! I got lucky - after killin' myself for hours (doh!), I saw a post in one of these threads, went to the Custom Shop, hit "Restore My Purchases", and everything seems to be there now - yay! But, man, what an unnecessary frustration and loss of time. I guess it happens... at least my problems seem to be resolved now!

Oh my god, thank you for this! I've been waiting to hear from support about this for nearly two weeks, and this has just fixed it. Thanks so much!

I can only echo @chuckmbass - frustrating process, but the group buy is a killer deal.
deeteeuk

Postby miketalada » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:12 pm

Customer service said some of my contents was showing as not activated, although they didn't say which ones, and I don't know why, I'm positive I registered everything, but maybe Product Manager glitched or something. So I just re-registered every single thing, ran Restore My Purchses again, and finally the problem is solved! :D
miketalada

Re: How to access Syntronik instruments in ST4 [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:26 pm

Good oh :)

--------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More