ST4 keeps crashing on an old pc

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4 keeps crashing on an old pc

Postby ciochi » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:52 pm

I got ST4 SE perfectly working on my main pcs. I have another one, little old, but capable of loading Kontakt latest version and its libraries, for piano libraries. I downloaded and installed via manager, it opens for a couple of seconds then it crashes. It does this in standalone or vst or vst 3. Any help?
ciochi

Re: ST4 keeps crashing on an old pc

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:07 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem. And, as you PC runs Kontakt it certainly should run ST4.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Promidi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:02 pm

Can you post the specs of the “old pc”
Promidi

Postby ciochi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:05 pm

It's a HP 15-078sl
AMD A4
6 gb DDR3
500 gb hdd
ciochi

Postby Promidi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:15 pm

6 gig may not be actually enough - depending on what sounds (and the number of) you’re loading.

Have you checked with Windows Task Manager to see the memory usage?

Have you checked the Windows event viewer for any clues.
Promidi

Postby ciochi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:30 pm

Promidi wrote:6 gig may not be actually enough - depending on what sounds (and the number of) you’re loading.

Have you checked with Windows Task Manager to see the memory usage?

Have you checked the Windows event viewer for any clues.

I can't load any sound. I never even loaded the sounds once.
I should look at event viewer, one thing I didn't do.
I expect to not work if I couldnr load Kontakt either, but Kontakt does work, and some big libraries too.
ciochi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More