Philharmonik 2 not responding to articulation set

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Philharmonik 2 not responding to articulation set

Postby chriso0258 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 pm

Hello,
I'm using the Philharmonik 2 on a MacBook Pro Catalina version 10.15.7 with Logic Pro X version 10.6.3.

I created an articulation set as shown in the two images. I named the set Philharmonik2 and assigned it to the track. However, when I assign various notes to a particular articulation, it completely ignores the set as if I didn't even assign one.

NOTE: I tried adding screen shots but the images didn't seem to upload.
chriso0258

Re: Philharmonik 2 not responding to articulation set

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:47 am

I do not know what you mean by an articulation set. Is that a Logic Pro term?

For posting screenshots, please see: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=27252
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Trensharo » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:04 pm

What is the root note set to in your daw?.You may need to move the articulation up or down an octave in the editor to match.
Trensharo

Postby Promidi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:26 pm

DarkStar wrote:I do not know what you mean by an articulation set. Is that a Logic Pro term?

Cakewalk by Bandlab has a similar term (calling them Articulation Maps therein)

If it's similar as in Cakewalk by Bandlab, then I believe it's a way of accessing and programming key switching that many Philharmonik 2 patches have.

I think what the OP is saying is that they believe they program the right notes to trigger a Philharmonik 2 key switch in Logic Pro. However, Philharmonik 2 is not responding as programmed.

I know key switching works in Cakewalk by Bandlab and Philharmonik 2 using Cakewalk by Bandlab’s Articulation Maps (I've used it). However, as I am not a Logic Pro user, I am not sure what's going on there. One thing I can think of of is maybe there is an octave mismatch somewhere.
Promidi

Postby chriso0258 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:23 pm

Trensharo wrote:What is the root note set to in your daw?.You may need to move the articulation up or down an octave in the editor to match.

Thank you for your reply. The articulations are correct because I can play them on the keyboard and I can see the correct articulation changing.

I think I may have figured this out though I don't think it is suppose to work this way. Say I have 5 notes. I want the first 3 to play legato, the 4th to play staccato, and the fifth to sustain. So, I set the first two notes to play legato. I set the third to play staccato, and the 4th to sustain.

What I found happening is the first three notes will play legato but I see the 3rd not triggering the staccato articulation. The 4th note plays staccato and triggers the sustain articulation which the 5th note then plays.

Like I said, I don't think this is the way it's suppose to happen but at least it seems to be working.

Any thoughts on this?
Chris
chriso0258

Postby chriso0258 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:04 pm

Ok. It's still not working. It seemed to work with the French horns but when I tried it with violins it doesn't work. Does there need to be an update to Philharmonik 2?

Thanks for any assistance.
Chris
chriso0258

Postby Promidi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 pm

The latest version of Philharmonik 2 is 2.06.

The latest version of SampleTank 4 is 4.14 (Though I am stuck on 4.13 - that’s another issue)

Personally I have always used Sampletank 4 Max. The patches load faster in that than in Philharmonik 2.

That being said, I have yet to have had any issues with articulation maps in either Philharmonik 2 or Sampletank 4 selecting the various key switchings.

It goes without saying that you need to put the articulation maps slightly before the note(s) you which to change the key switching for.

Also, some patches do use different notes for the actual key switches.

Looks like it might be a Cubase configuration issue.

If you believe it to be a Sampletank 4 or Philharmonik 2 issue then you might want to drop a note to IKM support.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw/
Promidi

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More