Sampletank 4 imported legacy drum samples cut off

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 imported legacy drum samples cut off

Postby sepheritoh » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:55 pm

Hi

I purchased Sampletank 4 with the group buy (great promo!). I imported all my legacy libraries. Most were from the 2.5 libraries, which I first had to convert to Sampletank 3 format.

Many libraries works great in ST4, but some are problematic. Especially some drum libraries I imported. When I play the drum sample it triggers fine, but as I release the key on the keyboard, the drum sample tail cuts off. This is especially annoying on toms and cymbals, with long tails.

Is there a way I can edit the samples in ST4 to play correctly and continue to play the full sample to the end without having to hold the key down for the full duration?

Thanks
sepheritoh

Re: Sampletank 4 imported legacy drum samples cut off

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Load the instrument, go to the Edit page, select the Element (the menu is not very readable here), then turn up the Amp Envelope's Release knob.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Sampletank 4 imported legacy drum samples cut off

Postby sepheritoh » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:19 pm

-Thank you!

You have the answer to my problems! I Turned it up to about 2s and magically it is working the way it should. How did I miss such an obvious solution?

Note to self: ST4 saving changes are not as simple as it should be. Remember to save! I turned up the release. Loaded another instrument that had the same problem, changed as well and loaded the first one again - and problem is back! ST4 does not prompt to save after making changes, so I lost the changes. I went back and changed everything again and saved. Still same results. Scratched my head, went into settings and pressed the Rescan All. Magically the samples saved correctly and can now be loaded next time correctly.

Thanks
sepheritoh

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More