Sound library install woes...

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sound library install woes...

Postby gavinhall06@gmail.com » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:10 am

Hello and sorry if these issues have been covered.

I haven't used Syntronik or Sampletank too much, but recently bought a load of Syntronik Synths in the 25th Ann Group Buy and also a drum and bass sound library. Also, I recently bought a new iMac which is a 2020 running OSX Big Sur.

I have no issues using IKM PM, downloading and authorising and have completed all of these steps. However, I am still experiencing a number of confusing issues with installing, and also running with Ableton 11:

- My machine only has Sampletank 4 installed, not Sampletank 3, so why when i download the sounds, are they Sampletank 3 sound libraries and not Sampletank 4 sound libraries, given that this is the latest version of the software?

- The .dmg files that are installed when I download the sounds wont open. When I click on them they crash immediately and i get the standard Mac OSX prompt when something crashes.

- When i open Sampletank 4 in both Ableton 11 and standalone, none of the sound libraries are showing, even if a rescan the folders. Possibly because of the installer issue above?

- If I open Syntronik, I THINK the synths are loaded in but i find the GUI to be confusing as it is not easy to see if I am looking at the complete library for a synth or not. Probably I need to read the manual for this one. Is there a way of checking if I am accessing the content i am entitled to?

- I have no idea how to access the drum and bass sound library I have downloaded. Probably this is due to me not being able to open any of the installers (again).

I do think that the install process is very tortuous and confusing. Have you guys thought about simplifying it? Installing software in the 21C shouldn't be a weekend activity.

Thanks in advance for your help. I am sure it will be great when i can master it.

Gavin
gavinhall06@gmail.com

Re: Sound library install woes...

Postby mkleibrink » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:08 am

I am having the exact same problem. I upgraded to the deluxe edition through the promo and my Syntronik is still the same free/standard version I have had. I downloaded all the deluxe libraries off of my Product page on the site, but every time I open a .dmg file and open the installer, it immediately crashes. I have tried a few different files of various sizes and I have yet to have one work. I would love if some light was shed on this.
mkleibrink

Postby gavinhall06@gmail.com » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:12 am

Hi Mate,

I logged a call with Support so will let you know what happens.

I think it may have something to do with my machine not having ST3 installed, as when the .dmg files crash, the error message is headed by ~ "The Sampletank 3 Installer has stopped working..."

I am confused as to why ST3 is a prt of this install at alll, given you can longer download ST3. I wouldve thought all new sound library installs would be ST4 now...

Gavin
gavinhall06@gmail.com

Postby mkleibrink » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:29 pm

Any updates? I still have yet to figure it out.
mkleibrink

Postby gavinhall06@gmail.com » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Basically, if you’re using Big Sur (I am, not sure about you), you have to install to the default locations using IKPM. There is a know. Issue with the .dmg files. In the Syntronik GUI, you go to the instrument window (musical icon, top left I think), and then float your mouse over an empty slot and you will see ‘Load instrument’, only when I clicked on that did I see the content.
Hope that helps.
gavinhall06@gmail.com

Postby throughshadowintolight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:37 am

I'm having the same problem with all Syntronik installers crashing on Big Sur. I have also contacted support but so far they have been unhelpful. If anyone figures this out I would love to know how to fix this but I suspect it's the way the installers are configured and they aren't compatible with Big Sur. I had the same problem with Miroslav Philharmonik. Newer installers seem to work fine for all the other IK products I have on my system.
throughshadowintolight

Postby throughshadowintolight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:51 am

It is possible to manually install the sounds, I just tried it successfully. Just copy the folders from Instruments, Samples, and Library Info from the installer Sound Content folder to your SampleTank 3 content location, being careful to place the relevant files into the correct folders in the SampleTank 3 directories. Then hit the rescan instruments button in Syntronik > Settings > Library and it should load them all if they are in the right locations.

Hope this helps someone! Hopefully they can update the installer apps soon.
throughshadowintolight

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More