SampleTank 4 and Logic Pro

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 and Logic Pro

Postby rlwslw@comcast.net » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:06 am

I've just installed SampleTank 4 and want to apply an instrument sound from to a MIDI file in Logic Pro. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? (Maybe I'm confused and SampleTank doesn't work this way!)
rlwslw@comcast.net

Re: SampleTank 4 and Logic Pro

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:38 pm

Yes it does work that way. :)

You select an instrument in SampleTank 4's ("ST4") browser and load it. ST4 has 16 instrument slots and you can load a different instrument into each. There are 16 slots as each one can be driven by MIDI nots on a different MIDI channel.

Have you used other instrument plug-ins in Logic Pro.? If so, which ones?

I do not know Logic Pro, so cannot help you getting the ST4 plug-in to receive from a MIDI item. I do hope that a Logic Pro user will chip in to help you.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: SampleTank 4 and Logic Pro

Postby garfy » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:01 am

Logic user here!

And it's just as DarkStar says :D .

1) In your Logic project, create a New Software Instrument Track (if you haven't done already)
2) In the Instrument slot on the newly created channel, click and navigate your pointer to AU Instruments>IK Multimedia>SampleTank 4. The ST4 GUI should now open.
3) In the ST4 GUI, click Load Instrument in the top slot and chose your sound.
4) Drop your MIDI file into the project timeline on the Instrument track (if not already done) and press play. You should hear the playback from ST4.

Let us know if that works. Also as DarkStar says, you can use upto 16 instruments/sounds in a single instance of ST4, but that is a slightly different process.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More