SampleTank can't find .pak file

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: SampleTank can't find .pak file

Postby limestone » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:48 pm

I apologize.
limestone

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:49 pm

No need to, I should thank you because I missed that thread. So thank you :) And please do follow up with IK Support and let me know your ticket number if you'd like a bump.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby limestone » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:29 am

I finally worked with tech support today for several hours. I won't mention names but he was GREAT and sincere, but we haven't solved it yet. We installed files (both manually and using the .exe installers), deleted files, deleted databases, scanned and rescanned ST4 several times. But in the end, some sounds won't load. I still am not sure it is only acoustic pianos, but for now C7 sounds are what we are concentrating on. I have 19 C7 variations to choose from. 18 won't load. One will, and it works perfectly?????

There was a definite error in the way the subfolder paths were being installed. If you read the text of the error in a previous post, it was plain that ST4 files were installing into the ST3 subfolder. My gut said that was wrong and we corrected that, although no one has the slightest idea why the installer was defaulting to ST3. We assumed that change would fix it, but no.

DarkStar, I am very simply missing some .pak samples. Could I impose on you for a favor? I know the following .pak is not on my computer anywhere. Let me expand on this. After installing every sound file that IK made available, this .pak is not anywhere in the default install directory. And, I have a download folder where I saved EVERY .zip file from the IK website. I extracted all those into another separate folder. So, I can search the default install location AND the extracted install files. So, can you search and tell me where this .pak should be in the default install folder:

C Grand Close Mics Sustain 1.pak

Then can you tell me what extracted .zip install file it came from?
limestone

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:21 pm

Sorry, I do not know. Support should be able to answer that, surely?

Meanwhile, double-check the download files that you have with those listed in your User Area / My Products / SampleTank 4, under the[Sounds Download} tab and also against those listed in the IKPM. And check my other post.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby limestone » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:25 pm

DarkStar wrote:Sorry, I do not know. Support should be able to answer that, surely?

Meanwhile, double-check the download files that you have with those listed in your User Area / My Products / SampleTank 4, under the[Sounds Download} tab and also against those listed in the IKPM. And check my other post.

I instructed IKPM to download and reinstall all sounds last night while I slept. It was completed when I came into the studio this morning. I get the same error. For example, when I double click on "Loft Piano", I get:

Instrument ST4 Error. Cannot locate Tank at path 'C:/Users/Public/Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4/Samples/SampleTank 4/Acoustic Pianos/C Grand Close Mics/C Grand Close Mics Sustain 1/C Grand Close Mics Sustain 1.pak'.

All of the C7 pianos listed by IK are listed in my ST4 choices. But, I simply do not have the "...Close Mics..." .pak (samples) files anywhere, in any folder, on the hard drive.

Still working with tech support person.
limestone

Postby limestone » Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:57 am

Peter_IK wrote:No need to, I should thank you because I missed that thread. So thank you :) And please do follow up with IK Support and let me know your ticket number if you'd like a bump.

Peter, is there any way you can find out why my ticket #3475309 has never been solved? It's been 3 weeks since anyone has even been in contact with me. VERY FRUSTRATING...
limestone

Previous

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More