Syntronik Missing Sound Content

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik Missing Sound Content

Postby XilburQost » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:01 pm

I'm in the process of moving my sampled VST instruments to an external SSD.

PROBLEM:
1) I copied my IK Multimedia folder from my hard drive to the external SSD.
2) I opened the Syntronik VST in my DAW and the disk path in the Settings was pointing to SampleTank 3 at the old location on my hard drive, so I changed the path to SampleTank 3 to the new location on the SSD, but I got the following error:

Missing Sound Content. Sound Content not found. Click 'Ok' the Settings panel and set the Disk Path where the sound content was installed, or quit the application and install the sound content.

3) I changed the disk path back to the original SampleTank 3 folder at the old location on my hard drive, but now I get the same error as above.

4) Syntronik now no longer functions due to "Missing Sound Content." What do I do?

Thanks.
XilburQost

Re: Syntronik Missing Sound Content

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:30 pm

Did you rescan your sound database? This is the last step from section 2.1.2 - Library Settings in the Syntronik User Manual.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby XilburQost » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:10 pm

Thank you for the reply, Peter_IK.

I ended up paying $10 to reactivate my Syntronik sounds and re-downloaded and reinstalled them on the SSD and used SampleTank 4 to reactive them (or whatever it did). They work now, however I realize that my old Syntronik custom presets are now missing. I had dozens of them.

I have not deleted anything, only copied and re-installed content to the SSD, so all of my IK Multimedia content still lives on my internal hard drives as well; I'm just trying to locate my old Syntronik custom presets.

So that's my next question: Where are my old Syntronik custom presets? And how do I copy them to my new Syntronik installation?

Thanks again.
XilburQost

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Sounds like you wouldn't need a sound reactivation credit if you still had the sounds to copy. Multis are saved in the Multis/Syntronik folder in the SampleTank 3 disk path per the Syntronik User Manual section 7.2.1 - Save Multi. So you would need to copy these from the old location to the new location.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby XilburQost » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:50 am

Thank you again, Peter_IK. All is good. I eventually tracked down my presets and copied them over to the new installation of SampleTank3.

For some reason the presets had disappeared from my original hard drive installation, but fortunately I'd made a backup of that entire installation prior to these shenanigans and found them here for each of the installed instruments:

\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Instruments\

The settings files have the extension *.st3i
XilburQost

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More