Removing sounds and syntronik

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Removing sounds and syntronik

Postby Chrisjankila1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:50 pm

How do I remove the entire library for Syntronik and all of its sounds?

My problem is that it was installed on my C: drive, and not my E: drive, even though I set E: as my default download location.
Syntronik finished downloading all of the synths and sounds, and I removed them manually as there is no uninstall function. Now in the IK Multimedia manager it still says that they are all downloaded, and if i try ''re-install library'' It'll just download it to my C: folder still. And the ''Install to'' function doesn't work, at all, it fails everytime.

There is no instance of Syntronik left, I've tried redownloading Ik Multimedia manager but it still says the same thing each time, I've logged in and out and nothing works.

I just purchased Syntronik and wanted to try it out, but its literally impossible now, no matter what I do. I've been spending the last two days with all sorts of different methods of getting this to work. HELP!
Chrisjankila1

Re: Removing sounds and syntronik

Postby Chrisjankila1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:50 pm

I also downloaded Sampletank, and it works fine and can be removed easily. So no issues there.
Chrisjankila1

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:02 pm

"default download location" is the destination for the downloaded files, not for the installed library files. You would have needed to select "More options " >> "Install to .." in the Syntronik Sounds section. Then do "Re-install library".

But as you have said that it does not work, then you should check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jaelurman » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:19 am

Chrisjankila1 wrote:How do I remove the entire library for Syntronik and all of its sounds?

My problem is that it was installed on my C: drive, and not my E: drive, even though I set E: as my default download location.
Syntronik finished downloading all of the synths and sounds, and I removed them manually as there is no uninstall function. Now in the IK Multimedia manager it still says that they are all downloaded, and if i try ''re-install library'' It'll just download it to my C: folder still. And the ''Install to'' function doesn't work, at all, it fails everytime.

There is no instance of Syntronik left, I've tried redownloading Ik Multimedia manager but it still says the same thing each time, I've logged in and out and nothing works.

I just purchased Syntronik and wanted to try it out, but its literally impossible now, no matter what I do. I've been spending the last two days with all sorts of different methods of getting this to work. HELP!

Did you solve this issue in the end?

I have the exact same issue!

I tried to install my Syntronik instruments (IKM calls them "Sounds") to my D drive, because C (Operating System) drive doesn't have a lot of space - but it didn't seem to work. When I try to re-install it just puts them on C drive as, same as you, I'm no longer able to select 'Install To...' anymore - it flashes red for a split second and does nothing.

There's no clean way to uninstall everything and try again. I need to sacrifice half my C drive to play a Juno.

[mod redacted - unnecessary and please review the rules before posting]
jaelurman

Postby jaelurman » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:10 pm

OK, I figured out a work-around...

Problem:
Unable to install SampleTank/Syntronik instrument libraries to a custom folder/non-OS drive. The "Install To" function in IK Product Manager tries to achieve this, but in the DAW the libraries don't show up in both SampleTank and Syntronik even with the custom folder path set in settings. You are no longer able to select the 'Install to' function as Product Manager says the libraries are already installed (marked in green). The only option is to 'Reinstall'. When you try to "Reinstall" the libraries from IK Product Manager, it defaults to putting them on your C drive! :evil: Many of us have smaller SSD C drives which are dedicated to Windows and apps, not rompler samples, so this is a problem putting 10+ gb of samples on our Windows drive.

My solution/work-around:
Let Product Manager "re-install" to the default C drive locations. Go into your DAW, open SampleTank and Syntronik and look for the folder paths in Settings.

For SampleTank (required install for Syntronik to work):
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4

For Syntronik:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\Syntronik 2

The contents of these paths should contain folders like Effects Presets, Instruments, Library Info, Library Resources, Multis, Samples.

Move (not copy/paste, but move) these content folders to your desired custom location. For myself, they are:
D:\Music Production\VST\IK Multimedia\SampleTank\Moved from C Drive (ST3)
D:\Music Production\VST\IK Multimedia\SampleTank\Moved from C Drive (ST4)
D:\Music Production\VST\IK Multimedia\Syntronik\Moved from C Drive

In each of these folders I put a WIndows Shortcut back to their C Drive locations, for convenience if I need to move them back in future (if something breaks, ie updating Syntronik).

Now go back into your DAW, open SampleTank and Syntronik, and REMOVE the default C drive paths from the folder locations in settings - and then ADD your custom paths. Now SampleTank and Syntronik are only looking for instrument libraries on your custom path.

Hit 'Rescan' of libraries and it should find them all in the new location. Done!

It's a shame that IK Product Manager couldn't achieve this simple task, and got caught in a loop of reinstalling to default locations.
jaelurman

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More