Installation ST 3 and ST4 on new PC

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installation ST 3 and ST4 on new PC

Postby whitealbum » Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:23 am

Hello,
after 6 years i need a new PC (Win 10)

All my Libraries are on a internal 2TB SSD which move to my new computer (same drive name)
So, all ST3 and ST$-Libraires (samples, Presets, patterns, instruments and so on) are then on the new computer.
I DON'T want to install the samples/presets/instruments etc. of ST3 and ST4 again!

What is the correct "installation process" to install ONLY the ST3 and ST4 -program-files ?

Thanks!
whitealbum

Re: Installation ST 3 and ST4 on new PC

Postby garfy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:47 pm

Hello whitealbum

You can install just the ST4 app via the IK Product Manager. However, I don't think ST3 is supported by the IKPM as it is a legacy product, so you'll need to go to your User Area>My Products, scroll to where you can see ST3 and click on Past Releases. This will give you access to downloadable installers of old versions which you will need to authorise via the old Authorisation Manager.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby whitealbum » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:29 pm

Thanks!

And ST4 via IKM Product Manager installs ONLY the program and NOT the samples, Instruments and so on?
In the install process, they will ask me if i want to install the samples or use a link to the
already installed samples?
whitealbum

Postby garfy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:34 pm

AFAIK.

I have no experience of doing what you're doing, but the IKPM presents the Software and the Sounds on 2 different tabs and when I update my installation of ST4 I use the dialogue on the Software tab and it does nothing more than downloading and installing the app.

You'll then need to go into the Settings on the apps and direct the software to the drive where your sound content is already installed.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More