Orch. and Cinematic Percussion

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Orch. and Cinematic Percussion

Postby mosso031mena » Fri May 28, 2021 7:02 pm

I wrote to customer service about this, but haven't heard all week. Maybe someone here can help me.

I have SampleTank 4.14., standalone and plugin for Logic Pro 10.6.2. I'm on an iMac Pro 2017, with OS 11.4 (BSur). I have tried numerous times to install the above softwares---orchestral and cinematic percussion. I d/loaded both from the Product Manager, per its pathways. I got a .dmg for both. I opened the .dmg's and they gave me (predictably) windows you get for drives. The windows gave me the following content:

1) Install Cinematic Percussion Sound Content (an app---what used to be called .pkg)
2) SampleTank 3 Sound Content

(The same for Orch Perc)

The Sound Content Folder has various subfolders, many with .pak files, and others with instrument and sample files.

There are no instructions as to what to do. I presume---as w/ most vendors---we're supposed to open the app (via double clicking).

I've double clicked both apps many times now: I've d.clicked it inside the .dmg window, and d.clicked it after putting the app on my desktop. Also: I've left the Sound Cont. folder IN the .dmg window, and also put it on my desktop. In other words, I've tried every combination of opening these.

In every instance I get---after opening the app---a window that states:

"SampleTank 3 Instruments Installer quit unexpectedly.

Click Reopen to open the application again.
Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple."

(me again:)
I've hit "Reopen" and gotten this message:

"The file can’t be found."

(me again:)

I can't get past this step. I do have a lengthy readout from the "send to apple" prompt (or whatever that prompt is called): I don't know if I can upload it here (and don't know if it has info that I shouldn't display in a forum).

If I'm supposed to move the Sound Content folder manually---where? There are several IKM folders in my system, user and non. And the STank 4 manual doesn't specify where---and if I've missed the specification, I haven't the time to read the whole manual now. I wish there were explicit instructions, because this has taken a lot of time.

I want to say something else, relevant to this post:
So often when writing cust serv, we get one sentence answers. They are often way incomplete, and don't answer half of what we need. I know several other musicians with the same experience. It's as if no one has the time to explain. I own nearly all your software---except for Modo Drums and the new Sampetron 2: I think I deserve a little more than a sentence, esp if I have to wait so long for a reply. Writing back to ask follow ups takes more time, given the delays in the first place. That's why I've come to the forum. Is there a way to install these 2 STank instruments? Thank you.
mosso031mena

Re: Orch. and Cinematic Percussion

Postby mosso031mena » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:12 am

Please note:

I have solved the problem. The moderators may remove this post.

Thank you.

(PS---I've also contacted the support team via email.)
mosso031mena

Re: Orch. and Cinematic Percussion

Postby praisetracks » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:38 pm

Hello,
I have a viewer who is having a similar problem installing content on his Mac setup.
Could you share the solution you found that resolved your issue?

Thanks so much,
Simeon
praisetracks

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More