How do I know if my VST is in demo or active mode

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How do I know if my VST is in demo or active mode

Postby Msf Sadib » Thu May 13, 2021 6:22 pm

Is there any way to determine whether a tracks plugin is in demo mode or activated mode? Please enlighten me regarding this matter
Msf Sadib

Re: How do I know if my VST is in demo or active mode

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 6:50 pm

Hello Msf Sadib

Usually, a plugin that has not been activated will interrupt the audio stream with a hissing noise every so often. If you have activated it, it can be used as normal. If you are Trialling it, as long as you leave the Custom Shop app open in the background, the plugin will work as normal until the Trial period runs out.

Are you having a problem with a plugin?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Msf Sadib » Thu May 13, 2021 6:54 pm

I've purchased two of Tracks plugin.But after I downloaded them I didn't notice any activation sign of any sort when I launched the plugin in my daw. So I was just curious whether there was any specific way to detect demo vs activated plugin
Msf Sadib

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm

If you downloaded them via the IK Product Manager, did you put in a serial number before you installed?
garfy

Postby Msf Sadib » Thu May 13, 2021 7:08 pm

garfy wrote:If you downloaded them via the IK Product Manager, did you put in a serial number before you installed?

I did register my product. But I installed the vst through an old version of Tracks Custom shop .Will the plugin still be activated? or do I have to install Tracks custom shop every time I make a purchase of new Tracks plugin?
Msf Sadib

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Msf Sadib wrote:I did register my product.

If you put in a serial number then I think that the activation as been successful.

Msf Sadib wrote:But I installed the vst through an old version of Tracks Custom shop .Will the plugin still be activated? or do I have to install Tracks custom shop every time I make a purchase of new Tracks plugin?

Hmm, it would normally throw up a dialogue box telling you your Custom Shop is out of date, so it's a bit weird it didn't. You don't need to reinstall it each time you purchase a plugin.

Is this TR5?
garfy

Postby Msf Sadib » Thu May 13, 2021 7:24 pm

garfy wrote:
Msf Sadib wrote:I did register my product.

If you put in a serial number then I think that the activation as been successful.

Msf Sadib wrote:But I installed the vst through an old version of Tracks Custom shop .Will the plugin still be activated? or do I have to install Tracks custom shop every time I make a purchase of new Tracks plugin?

Hmm, it would normally throw up a dialogue box telling you your Custom Shop is out of date, so it's a bit weird it didn't. You don't need to reinstall it each time you purchase a plugin.

Is this TR5?

It is TR5 yes. So how do I install new plugins if won't reinstall the whole TRacks custom shop.As there is no separate installation file for individual plugins
Msf Sadib

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 7:31 pm

The TR5CS app includes all of the individual modules available. Your serial number(s) unlock the modules you have bought, while leaving the rest in demo mode or available to Trial.

If you have registered your product (ie your 2 newly bought modules) these will have then been unlocked in your existing installation and available for use. If you can pass audio through them without hearing a hiss sound every so often, then I think you have authorised them successfully.

You don't have to install the latest version of the TR5CS app, but it does include some bug fixes, general reliability improvements etc. The only time you MUST install the latest version is if you're buying the newest module, like the Comprexxor that's just been released.
garfy

Postby Msf Sadib » Thu May 13, 2021 7:40 pm

garfy wrote:The TR5CS app includes all of the individual modules available. Your serial number(s) unlock the modules you have bought, while leaving the rest in demo mode or available to Trial.

If you have registered your product (ie your 2 newly bought modules) these will have then been unlocked in your existing installation and available for use. If you can pass audio through them without hearing a hiss sound every so often, then I think you have authorised them successfully.

You don't have to install the latest version of the TR5CS app, but it does include some bug fixes, general reliability improvements etc. The only time you MUST install the latest version is if you're buying the newest module, like the Comprexxor that's just been released.

So It just automatically activates the plugin I've purchased !! I think I'm getting the hang of it now.Thanks a lot
Msf Sadib

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 7:41 pm

Msf Sadib wrote:So It just automatically activates the plugin I've purchased

It sure does. :D

Have a play with the new plugs and let us know how you get on. What new ones did you buy?
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More