WHY AM I BEING SCAMMED TO REACTIVATE SOUND LIBRARIES !

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

WHY AM I BEING SCAMMED TO REACTIVATE SOUND LIBRARIES !

Postby swampy1979 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:08 pm

[mod edit - please read the final post of this locked thread for full clarification]

Why are you trying to charge me to reactivate my libraries I ALREADY PAID FOR!

I bought the MAX package! PAID A FORTUNE FOR IT!!!!!

I can only activate my products so many times E£VEN THOUGH ITS THE SAME HARDWARE SO CLEARLY THE SAME MACHINE

THIS IS DISGUSTING DAYLIGHT ROBBERY

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!

I will be making a review of my experience, and posting it to ALL YOUTUBE LIKE SITES!!! in an effort to ensure no one else gets ripped off like this!

IF YOU DIDNT ROB PAYING CUSTOMERS MAYBE PEOPLE WOULDNT STEAL YOUR SOFTWARE ON TORRENTS!

At this point I cannot blame them I AM TOTALLY DISGUSTED

CHARGE FOR NEW SOFTWARE BUT HOW DARE YOU CHARGE A CUSTOMER AND THEN MAKE THEM PAY AGAIN

DISGUSTING DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM IK MULTIMEDIA!!!!

MASSIVE SCAM!

I CANNOT EXPRESS MY DISGUST STRONGLY OR POLITELY ENOUGH DO NOPT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

THIS POST WILL LIKELY BE DELETED TO STOP PEOPLE FALLING FOR THIS SCAM BUT I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS FOR MY VIDEOS

USE ANY OF THEIR COMPETETORS PRODUCTS BUY ONCE USE FOREVER!!
swampy1979

Re: WHY AM I BEING SCAMMED TO REACTIVATE SOUND LIBRARIES !

Postby swampy1979 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm

BACKED UP TO WAY BACK MACHINE ARCHIVE JUSTY IN CASE THERES ANY DIRTY TRICKS OR THIS IS DELETED!

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!
swampy1979

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 6:33 pm

Hello swampy1979 and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry that you have somehow taken umbrage with IKM. I'll try to address some of your points as you probably feel you need a reply.

swampy1979 wrote:Why are you trying to charge me to reactivate my libraries I ALREADY PAID FOR!

swampy1979 wrote:THIS POST WILL LIKELY BE DELETED TO STOP PEOPLE FALLING FOR THIS SCAM BUT I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS FOR MY VIDEOS

swampy1979 wrote:MASSIVE SCAM!

A scam is when someone is tricked. At the top of the download page and in the FAQs it clearly states that you will need to reactivate downloads after 180 days. So you are not being tricked. It even advises you to make a back up incase you need to reinstall the sounds, so actively encouraging you so you don't have to pay. Even if you do, the reactivation fee is cheaper than a month's-worth of cloud storage, so you're probably better off.

swampy1979 wrote:I can only activate my products so many times E£VEN THOUGH ITS THE SAME HARDWARE SO CLEARLY THE SAME MACHINE

You are initially given 10 activations. If you wanted to wipe a hard drive to reinstall an OS and then reinstall IKM software, you can deactivate the software first, meaning that you do not lose that activation. Even if you manage to use all 10 activations, as been stated here countless times, you can contact IKM Support who will help you out.

swampy1979 wrote:THIS IS DISGUSTING DAYLIGHT ROBBERY

The origin of this phrase is pretty funny, you should check it out. It's about a British king who taxed people for something that he didn't own - daylight. He called it a window tax.

swampy1979 wrote:I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN!

Ok, so we're heading into rage quitting here....

swampy1979 wrote:USE ANY OF THEIR COMPETETORS PRODUCTS BUY ONCE USE FOREVER!!

Now that just isn't true. I haven't been able to use my copy of Pro-16 for years.

swampy1979 wrote:I CANNOT EXPRESS MY DISGUST STRONGLY OR POLITELY ENOUGH DO NOPT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

Well, the CAPS LOCK does mean you're shouting so not as polite as you think.

I'm not affiliated with IKM, I am merely a forum moderator. It would have been very easy for me just to delete this and move on, but I've taken the time to reply. Frankly, one of the other mods might just do that anyway. But if you feel like you want to reply, please do, only keep the caps lock off please.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby swampy1979 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:36 pm

I do not want excuses about storage and bandwidth as my websites have unlimited bandwidth and storage!

IF I CAN AFFORD A SERTVICE LIKE THIS YOU CAN AT £600.00 FOR AMPLITUBE MAX!

And even if you didnt have the wherewithall to go with a better provider it may cost 20p to download the libraries which out of £600 I am sorry but that is not cutting it for me!!!!
swampy1979

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 6:39 pm

swampy1979 wrote:I do not want excuses about storage and bandwidth as my websites have unlimited bandwidth and storage!

I wasn't giving you excuses, just another way of looking at things.

I guess I should've asked why you have needed to reinstall?

swampy1979 wrote:IF I CAN AFFORD A SERTVICE LIKE THIS YOU CAN AT £600.00 FOR AMPLITUBE MAX!

And even if you didnt have the wherewithall to go with a better provider it may cost 20p to download the libraries which out of £600 I am sorry but that is not cutting it for me!!!!

I'm sorry I can't make sense of this. Can you explain what you mean?
garfy

Postby swampy1979 » Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 pm

NO ITS A SCAM DONT PLAY SCEMANTICS WITH ME!

AND NO WHEN I BOUGHT IT ITS NOT CLEARLY STATED YOU ONLY FIND OUT AFTER YOU BOUIGHT IT!!!

YOU ARE DELIBERATELY OBFUSCATING THIS!

AS FOR THE YOU GET 15 ACTIVATIONS! WELL THAT SOUNDS A LOT BUT SEEING AS YOU ONLY CATER FOR WINDOWS WHICH IS JUNK BREAKS CONSTANTLY NEEDING REINSTALLATION OVER AND OVER AGAIN! A TERRTIBLE COMPANY OR APPLE WHICH IS ALSO A JUNK COMPANY SAME APPLIES

YOU DONT CATER FOR LINUX THOUGH WHICH DOESNT BREAK HMM CONVENIENT!

AND IF ITS 20 PAGES INTO AN AGREEMENT! YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL NOONE READS THEM AS UNLESS YOU ARE A LEGALESE LAWYER THEY MAKE NO SENSE!

WHEN DID YOU LAST READ THE 30 PAGES OF GOOGLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!

YOU HAVENT!

AND YOU CAN SAY YOU HAVE BUT NO ONE WILL BELEIVE YOU!

SAME APPLES TO ANY SOFTWARE AND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE ON THE SOFTWARE YOU ALREADY BOUGHT TO IT

SCUMMY BUSINESS PRACTICE AND YOU KNOW IT!

AND IF IT WAS SO CLEARLY STATED WHY ARE THERE HUNDREDS OF ENTRIES FOR THIS ON GOOGLE?????????

I NOTICE YOU QUICKLY LOCK THE THREADS TO AVOID 1000 CUSTOMERS SHOWING THEIR DISGUST WHEN THEY REALISE!

DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!

SERVE YOU RIGHT IF YOU GO BANKRUPT!

NO SYMPATHY

BUY FROM [mod redacted - please read the rules] THEY CHARGE YOU ONCE AND FREE UPDATES AND UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS OF YOUR SOFTWARE!
swampy1979

Postby swampy1979 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:01 pm

not to worry I will educate your would have been customers of this disgusting practice seeing as you deceptively fail to point this out on purchase!

no point locking the stable when the horse has bolted!
swampy1979

Postby swampy1979 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:10 pm

yOU POST YOUR ANSWERS LIKE THEY ARE LOGICAL!

I HAVE AN EXCELLENT IDEA

CHARGE BEOPLE ONCE FOR THE SOFTWARE THEN LET THEM ACTIVATE THEIR SOFTWARE AS MANY TIMES AS THEYU LIKE WITHOUT ALL THE STUPID RED TAPE EXCUSES AND BEFORE YOU SAY THEY COULD STEAL A LICENSE KEY JUST USE A USB DONGLE!

EASY PEASY!

YOURE STILL SCAMMING CUSTOMERS WITH DIR4ETY UNDERHAND BUSINESS PRACTICES!

AND WHY SHOULD I PAY A SECONS TIME

MY OPINIONM OF IK MULTIMEDIA IS NOW EVEN LOWER YOUR ANSWERS JUST SHOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE DIRT!

NEVER AGAIN!

AND I AM STILL PPPOOSTINGF THE REVIEW VIDEOS TO WARN PEOPLE!

LIKE PEOPLE TRAUL THROUGH FAQ FORUMS BEFORE THEY BUY A PRODUCT!

SEEING AS WHEN YOU BUY SOMETHING YOU SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO REDOWNLOAD IT INDEFINITELY LIKE 98% OF SOFTWARE MAKERS DO BUT NOT YOU!
swampy1979

Postby swampy1979 » Thu May 13, 2021 7:12 pm

[mod redacted - like much of the rest of this thread that breaks multiple forum rules, but this one was not only cliche but definitely not relevant to the conversation and extra uncivil]
swampy1979

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 7:14 pm

swampy1979 wrote:AND NO WHEN I BOUGHT IT ITS NOT CLEARLY STATED YOU ONLY FIND OUT AFTER YOU BOUIGHT IT!!!

The FAQ, available without purchase. And the notice on the download page allows you 180 days (6 months) to back up your sounds.

swampy1979 wrote:YOU ARE DELIBERATELY OBFUSCATING THIS!

Nope, I am replying to you, even though you haven't stopped shouting after I asked you to. But I still don't know why you have had to reinstall?

swampy1979 wrote:AS FOR THE YOU GET 15 ACTIVATIONS! WELL THAT SOUNDS A LOT BUT SEEING AS YOU ONLY CATER FOR WINDOWS

10 activations. And the software is available for macOS as well.

swampy1979 wrote:YOU DONT CATER FOR LINUX THOUGH WHICH DOESNT BREAK HMM CONVENIENT!

It is not a legal requirement for a software company to cater for specific platforms. Consider the cost of R&D of a software and consider the return that a software company will then make from a platform that only has a small number of users. It doesn't make financial sense.

swampy1979 wrote:AND IF ITS 20 PAGES INTO AN AGREEMENT! YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL NOONE READS THEM AS UNLESS YOU ARE A LEGALESE LAWYER THEY MAKE NO SENSE!

WHEN DID YOU LAST READ THE 30 PAGES OF GOOGLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!

YOU HAVENT!

Like I said, I'm not affiliated or employed with IKM just a humble forum mod in my spare time. Maybe I'm a lawyer in my muggle job.

swampy1979 wrote:I NOTICE YOU QUICKLY LOCK THE THREADS TO AVOID 1000 CUSTOMERS SHOWING THEIR DISGUST WHEN THEY REALISE!

I haven't locked this one, yet.
garfy

Postby garfy » Thu May 13, 2021 7:15 pm

swampy1979 wrote:MY OPINIONM OF IK MULTIMEDIA IS NOW EVEN LOWER YOUR ANSWERS JUST SHOW YOU TREAT CUSTOMERS LIKE DIRT!

Ok, I've been nothing other than civil trying to address your concerns.

Thread locked.
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 13, 2021 8:49 pm

This account doesn't even have a Total Studio bundle in it. The only MAX product is AmpliTube MAX which is not a sound library/virtual instrument so sound reactivation would not apply.

There are a couple of free virtual instruments in there, and I'm sure IK Support would have been more than helpful with those had they contacted them (hopefully in a more civil fashion than we see above).

Leaving this thread public but locked as long as everybody hopefully reads to the end to see the real story here. But if anybody, including OP, continues to break forum rules there will of course be consequences.

To OP: I am the admin of this forum, the one who has redacted some of the more extreme forum rule breaking in this thread, and the one who decided it will remain public but still locked. Please review the rules and let this serve as a warning that further forum rule infractions will result in a ban.

Also, I reached out to our support team to check for tickets or other contact so someone might reach out to you. While they (and I) do work for IK, I would still recommend that you try not to be abusive or belligerent if/when they do. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More