ST4MAX still has download arrow over icon

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST4MAX still has download arrow over icon

Postby sideway101 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:38 pm

I've upgraded to ST4MAX. I've registered/authorised it and installed most of the additional instruments, but still have an arrow over the icon that won't let me in and keeps taking me to the My Products page. Is there something I need to do to get rid of this?

Thanks, Steve
sideway101

Re: ST4MAX still has download arrow over icon

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 10, 2021 11:45 am

Try
(a) doing a "Restore my purchases" in the (new) Custom Shop (v2.xx)
(b) unauthorizing and re-authorizing ST4 MAX, making sure you use the right Serial number.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: ST4MAX still has download arrow over icon [Resolved]

Postby sideway101 » Mon May 10, 2021 4:08 pm

Thanks for the quick reply DarkStar!

I did as you suggested but it didn't seem to have any effect. Then I realised it may be because I'd used a different drive than the original ST for the ST4 MAX instruments installer. I thought just putting the new path in Settings/Sound Content would work as all the other extra sound packs came up ok when I did that. Anyway, it's all working fine now.

Thanks again, Steve
sideway101

Postby biggtime » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:28 pm

Hi there. Hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you add only the additional instruments when you upgraded? I'm upgrading from ST4 'normal' to the Max version, and I have no idea how to avoid simply re-downloading and installing 'everything' when all I need are the additional sounds. Did you work out how to do that?
Cheers!
biggtime

Postby sideway101 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:04 am

If I remember rightly, I only downloaded instruments that had additions to the original, by using the comparison chart. Then I copied only the new instruments and samples into the original folders. I was running out of space on my ST partition though so installed all the new packs (Cinematic Percussion etc) on a separate drive and put the new path in ST settings.

The issue I had was that when I ran the installer I (for some crazy reason) specified the new drive! So when I opened ST the ST4MAX icon had a download arrow over it. When I ran the installer again and specified the original ST installation location it all came up ok.

Hope this helps!
sideway101

Postby biggtime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate it. The problem, as far as I can tell, might be that some of the additional content seems to be hidden away in what look like the same content names as I had for ST4 'normal'. It isn't the bonus instrument collections that are an issue because they're at least separate. It's where it says that ST4 has 70GB of ST4 samples, whereas ST4 Max has 200GB of samples. I'm getting confused about how to find the right ones. May just go for the lot anyways...
biggtime

Postby sideway101 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:46 pm

All these have no additional content according to the comparison chart. So that'll at least save you some downloading, if you haven't already.

Chromatic, Electronic drums, Electric Pianos, Ethnic, Loops, Organs, Sound FX, Voices.
sideway101

Postby biggtime » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:17 pm

Brilliant. Thank you!
biggtime

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More