Installing Miroslav 2 over Miroslav 1

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing Miroslav 2 over Miroslav 1

Postby organica23 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:08 pm

Sorry if this is a basic question, but googling for it gave me a load of confusing threads about various people's various problems installing the software, rather than a definitive How To.

I already have Miroslav 1 on my MacBook. I just bought Miroslav 2 on offer, and I'm wondering whether I'm best uninstalling Miroslav 1 before installing 2 ?

( MacBook also already has Sampletank 3, Sampletank4 CS, SampleTron, SampleMoog )

Operating System = OS 10.12.6

If anyone could point me to a nice clear guide on this, that would be amazing...
organica23

Re: Installing Miroslav 2 over Miroslav 1

Postby DarkStar » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:32 pm

MP1 and MP2 are different programs and sounds libraries. MP2 does not replace MP1. And you will still need MP1 for any existing projects that are using it.

Install the MP2 software. Then install the MP2 sounds library (it should go into sub-folders in your existing SampleTank 3 library. You should use the IKPM ("IK Product Manager" for both these stages, And read these tips first: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26365. Make sure that the correct folder is selected for the installation of the MP2 sounds library.

Now, as for the libraries
-- MP1's library can be Imported into ST3's library,
-- as can SampleMoog's and SampleTron,
-- MP2's library includes the MP1 instruments,
-- MP2's library will be installed into ST3's library,
-- ST4 CS can access the ST4 library (i.e the ST4 CS sounds) AND the ST3 library
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby organica23 » Sat May 01, 2021 2:32 pm

OK - that was pretty painless. Just left it overnight, done by morning. Ableton now shows Miroslav 2 only, but the v1 sounds show up inside there as a root level folder.

Some lovely sounds too - I'm really fond of these Miroslav libraries.

Thanks DS for your help, much appreciated.

One further question - Product Manager's software tab is showing a five-part Sound Library Update - is this something I should be downloading, or is it all in the latest version anyway?
organica23

Postby DarkStar » Sat May 01, 2021 5:27 pm

My understanding is that the Sounds Updates are provided for those users who had downloaded the main sounds before the Updates were available so that they do not need to download the whole lot again.

The Updates are built into the main downloads so you should be OK. As a check you could download them from your User Area, UnZip them and compare the files' "dates modified" with those in your installed library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby organica23 » Sun May 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Yeah, it looks very much like the update files are actually earlier than the current main download, so I'm just going to leave everything as is. Thanks again.
organica23

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More