how do i load sounds into miroslav philharmonik 2

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

how do i load sounds into miroslav philharmonik 2

Postby Internetfase1 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:48 pm

hello. i just bought miroslav philharmonik and installed it and authorized it. when i open it in my daw it is blank and shows no list of instruments. i then proceeded to download several different download items, taking up GBs of harddisk space and installing a bunch of things, but there are still no sounds. i am very confused as there is nowhere in the plugin itself to load sounds.

i downloaded something called sample pack 4, but also miroslav philharmonik 1, miroslav philharmonik 2, miroslav philharmonik 2 CE, 51 miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE, and MP2_Sound_Updated_Part_5.zip

what do i need to do get the instruments to just show up in the philharmonik vst?? can someone please help and also tell me what i can delete from my HD to save some space because surely i am not using all these things and i really have no idea what they are. thanks so much for any help
Internetfase1

Re: how do i load sounds into miroslave philharmonik 2

Postby DarkStar » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Hello Internetfase1 and welcome to the forum.

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 ("MP2") is a sample-based program and plug-in. As well as the program and plug-in(s) you need to install the Sounds Library. That is what all those GB files are.The IK Product Manager ("IKPM") should take away a lot of the individual steps.

You say that you have installed and authorized the software and have downloaded the sounds. That is the first step.

Q1: What is the disk path to those downloaded sounds library files?
Q2: Did you use the IKPM to do that? If so run the IKPM and select the Sounds tab and have a look at Miroslav Philharmonik there.
Q3: What does it show?

If you have the full MP2 product, there are 17 sounds library download files, I think.

You should be able to point IKPM at the folder where the download are (in its settings) and select "More Options" then "Install to" to install the Sounds library where you want it. Click the [?} button in IKPM for more help.

When the install is complete, run the MP2 standalone program, and, in its Preference Settings, select the disk path to the library - it is the folder named "SampleTank 3" which will contain "Instruments" and "Samples" folders and other stuff. Then the instruments should be listed on the left-hand side in MP2. Configure the MIDi In and Audio Out in MP", then select some instruments and try them out.

WHen you installed the software you also installed the MP2 USer Manual. You can aslo get a download in IKPM. That should help you find your way arounf MP2.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: how do i load sounds into miroslav philharmonik 2

Postby Internetfase1 » Sat May 08, 2021 4:17 pm

hi, thanks for the reply but i am still having trouble. i can load Philharmonik 2 and Sample Tank 4 up as vst plugins in my DAW, but they have no sounds. i am on a mac, if you can give me specific instructions on which downloads were necessary and how to use them, and perhaps what i can delete from my system. but do you know where the default locations are for these items, or at least what i should search for in finder?
Internetfase1

Postby DarkStar » Sun May 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Q4: What sounds library files have you downloaded? Please list them.
Q5: Where are they located (if you used the IKPM you can find the Download destination in its Settings)
Q6: Did you install them all , or any of them.
Q7: If so, did you use the IKPM, or unZip the download file(s) and run the installer yourself?

Search for folders whose names include the text "Miroslav" or "Philharmonik".
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Internetfase1 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:47 am

these are the results i get when searching those. but there was also sample packs and things from the download manager. not sure which is which anymore.
Internetfase1

Postby DarkStar » Mon May 17, 2021 12:17 pm

The image links do not work here.

And, as I do not have the answers to my questions I would only be guessing.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Cq-nCe » Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:44 am

Go to ik multimedia website / user area / my products / Miroslav Philharmonik 2 Classic Edition / Sounds download / Download 3 parts.

the installer doesn't work on apple silicon.

manually copy paste the 3 folders in the following dir : ( apple osx ) (might be similar in win)

HD / users/ shared / ik multimedia / sampletank 3 / miroslav philharmonik sound content 2

Launch M.S .Philharmonik / preferences / disk path / ** choose the directory above **

it worked for me. its funny to setup

hope u do well
Cq-nCe

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:28 pm

You should be able to use the simpler installation of the sounds via the Sounds section of IK Product Manager. Please let IK Support know if this does not work for you
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More