Installing Miroslav 2 on external SSD?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Installing Miroslav 2 on external SSD?

Postby Chrisk-K » Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:36 pm

I'm using an M1 Mac running Big Sur. A few weeks ago I managed to install all Syntronik sound libraries on an external SSD thanks to helpful people here! Aynthronik has been working flawlessly.

I just bought Miroslav Philharmonik 2 (MP2) and need to install the MP2 libraries on the external SSD. I just want to make sure I correctly understand the steps before moving forward.

1. Under the "software tab" in IKPM, I see MP2. If I click the "install" sign, IKPM will install the MP2 program in the default location on "Macintosh HD," and I cannot change the install location. Correct?

2. Under the "sounds tab" in IKPM, I see MP2 (....17 of 17 files remaining). If I click "more options: right below the "install button," there's an "Install to..." option. Is this where I can specify the library location on the external SSD?

3. All my Syntronik library files are installed in the "IK Multimedia/SampleTank 3" folder on the external SSD. So, am I correct to assume that I must use the same location for the MP2 library files?

Thanks in advance.
Chrisk-K

Re: Installing Miroslav 2 on external SSD?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Yes, yes and yes :)

The reason for the Syntronik and MP2 sounds using the same (SampleTank 3) library is that ST3 can load and use Syntronik and MP2 sounds alongside its own.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Chrisk-K » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:28 pm

DarkStar wrote:Yes, yes and yes :)

The reason for the Syntronik and MP2 sounds using the same (SampleTank 3) library is that ST3 can load and use Syntronik and MP2 sounds alongside its own.

I didn't know that both Syntronik and MP2 patches could be played simultaneously. Pretty cool!
Chrisk-K

Postby Chrisk-K » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:58 am

I successfully installed MP2 library on the external SSD. I didn't know that the MP2 UI was not scalable. Since the Syntronik UI is fully scalable, I naively assumed the same for MP2. In its current form, it's unusable on my 4K monitor. Hopefully, there'll be an update.
Chrisk-K

Postby garfy » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:11 am

Hello Chrisk-K

Yes, MP2 is a fairly old app released before IKM started building with scaleable UI.

Until there is an update/new version, you can open the MP2 content in ST4 which does have scalability. If you do not own ST4 then you can use ST4CS which is the free version and should be available in your user area.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More