Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

Postby CriticalAnalyst » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:45 pm

I have lost my list of instruments, when I tried to back them up on my external drive.

Where would they be? Does this have anything to do with the fact that I installed Big Sur after backing up Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE and its' folders?
CriticalAnalyst

Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 pm

Are the instruments on the external drive? You should have, among other thins, "Instruments" and "Samples" folders.

And you need to change the disk path in MP2's Preference Settings to point to the new location.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby CriticalAnalyst » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:44 pm

I did that but the file folder for the instruments was blank.

It was very strange. I was able to gain access yesterday but woke up this morning to do some work in Live 11, and the instrument library was gone.

Would there be any reasons, or workaround to be able to retrieve my instrument library that you're aware of?

Does it matter where the file path goes - to the Instrument folder or the Sample folder?
CriticalAnalyst

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:25 pm

^^^^
Neither, the file path in MP2 is to the folder containing the Instruments and Samples folders. Have a look at this FAQ:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239

Are they nowhere at all on disk?

If they have been deleted from your disk overnight, I'd blame the cat for walking on the keyboard. ;)
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby CriticalAnalyst » Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:22 pm

LoL :) I have no cat, but my husband was like maybe someone uploaded a "James Bond" like, self-destruct script that got rid of them, hahaha!

Thanks for your help!
CriticalAnalyst

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:03 pm

PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Internet Disconnection notifications, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sunglasses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby CriticalAnalyst » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:06 pm

Done! Thank you very much!
CriticalAnalyst

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More