How do you get Stage Kit in ST 4 SE?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

How do you get Stage Kit in ST 4 SE?

Postby mgaitor » Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:23 pm

A friend sent me a project he started using the Stage Kit drums from ST 4 CS, the free version. I have ST 4 SE, a paid version. It does not have any Stage Kit, so the project loads with an error. I cannot find any way to obtain this Stage Kit. First, why are there instruments in the free version that aren't in a paid version? And why does it seem impossible to even find this free kit?

Anyone know how I can get this and any other free instruments into my paid version?

BTW, I supposedly have both SE and CS installed and authorized on my machine and therefore the Product Manager won't let me download them again, which I find inconvenient. Something very small is out of whack here.
mgaitor

Re: How do you get Stage Kit in ST 4 SE?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:10 pm

I thought that ST4 SE includes all the ST4 CS instruments.

Here, the instrument file is in this folder:...\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\Instruments\SampleTank 4\Drums\Acoustic Drum Kit

Can you check that you have got "over 2,000 sounds" How many .st3i files are there on disk?

I would think that there were several separate download files for ST4 S3. Can you double-check that you installed them all?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mgaitor » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:12 pm

DarkStar wrote:I thought that ST4 SE includes all the ST4 CS instruments.

Here, the instrument file is in this folder:...\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 4\Instruments\SampleTank 4\Drums\Acoustic Drum Kit

Can you check that you have got "over 2,000 sounds" How many .st3i files are there on disk?

I would think that there were several separate download files for ST4 S3. Can you double-check that you installed them all?

Here is that folder on my system:

.st3i files are for ST 3; the pdf doc file for ST 4 CS lists:

I don't have a Stage Kit.st4i anywhere on my system, nor do I see any way to get it, since I can't re-download ST 4 CS. (I've read complaints about exactly that on this forum. Not good.) I could just have my friend send me his Stage Kit.st4i file, but I don't know if it would register on my system and besides, that's absolutely not how that should be handled. The other question is how many more instruments are there in the CS version that don't show up anywhere else?

BTW, I have 494 .ST4i files for the main Sampletank program (not counting Spaceport, Clavitube and other addons).
mgaitor

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:31 pm

494 is far too little, there should be "over 2,000".

What does it say in the IKPM (IK Product Manager) under Manage My Products / Sounds tab for ST4 ?

You should be able to download ST4 CS and ST4 SE from your User Area / My Products.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby mgaitor » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:28 am

DarkStar wrote:494 is far too little, there should be "over 2,000".

What does it say in the IKPM (IK Product Manager) under Manage My Products / Sounds tab for ST4 ?

You should be able to download ST4 CS and ST4 SE from your User Area / My Products.

I reinstalled the entire ST 4 library. Still 494 st4i files. Remember, I have the SE version, not MAX and I'm not counting the ST 3 files as I already had those installed previously.

I am not able to download either version of ST from my User Area. I'm pointed to IKPM, which won't let me download, as I said.

I had my friend send me the Stage Kit.st4i file. I rebuilt the database and now it shows but there must be other parts of the kit missing as I still get an error msg trying to load it. I'm going to have to download CS on a different machine to get the install file. This is a lot of mess.
mgaitor

Postby mgaitor » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:06 am

mgaitor wrote:I'm going to have to download CS on a different machine to get the install file. This is a lot of mess.

I did that. Turns out I never downloaded and installed SampleTank_4_CS_Sound_Content.zip, because I had no reason to think there would be new content there. After downloading as a new user, I was able to get the file and transfer it to my main machine. Installed, rebuilt the ST 4 database and now I have the Stage Kit up and running.

I think IK should have informed us that even paid users needed to install the CS content. And I think the Product Manager needs some attention or they go back to downloading from the User Area of the website.

Anyway thank you, Dark Star, for your time and attention.
mgaitor

Postby DarkStar » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:45 am

Oops, I should have said:
You should be able to download ST4 CS and ST4 SE from your User Area / My Products. Then go to the product and click [Past Releases] for the software or [Sounds Download] for the sounds. NB: I think that the ST4 CS sounds are bundled in with the software download.

-------------------
As for the number of sounds, the web pages say:
ST4 CS: 50 sounds, about 4 GB
ST4 SE: 2,000 sounds, about 30 GB
ST4: 6,000 sounds about 100 GB
ST4 MAX: 8,000 sounds, about 26 0GB

So I still think that you are missing some. However, I was wrong about ST4 SE. I have just found this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st4/?pkey=sampletank-4-se#soundlist
and the PDFs show that ST4 SE does not include the Stage Kit:

The PDFs will also help you check that you have all the sounds

For further advice, I suggest that you contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------------
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More