sample tank 4 cant find instrument

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

sample tank 4 cant find instrument

Postby opiesd » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:16 pm

When I select an instrument I am often getting a message that instrument cant be found. when I look on my pc I find ST files and samples all over the place. I would like to reinstall ST4 and get things organized but can find no place to download it. Is it even possible to redownload. Do I have to repurchase? I contacted tech support but have not heard back
opiesd

Re: sample tank 4 cant find instrument

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Before you do anything, have a good look at these FAQs:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1235
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239

Your should find the ST4 software and the libraries in the iKPM (IK Product Manager) and in your User Area / My Products. And you can get the IKPM here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/productmanager/

If you kept back-up copies of the ST4 sounds downloads you can use them. Otherwise, if you downloaded the ST4 sounds libraries over 180 days ago, then you'll need to buy a Downloads Reactivation.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby opiesd » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:58 pm

Thanks for the info. In product manager I don't have an install button. I have a green installed green authorized and unauthorize. My c drive is getting full so I would like to reinstall ST 3 & 4 on an external drive. If I unauthorize ST4, unistall ST4 and then reinstall ST4 on the other drive, will that work?
opiesd

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 pm

I think so. But I have never done it.

On Windows, you should find Uninstallers for St4 and st3 in the Start Menu > All Programs > ... Not sure where they are on OSX. Unauthorize them in IKPM first.

But the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one guidance.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby opiesd » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:48 pm

As always you have been wonderfully helpful. I wish that all products and services I buy were as helpful and supportive as you
opiesd

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More