can't try Hammond B-3X?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

can't try Hammond B-3X?

Postby ikmultimedia_chris » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:22 pm

I clicked the "try" button for Hammond B-3X. It downloaded and installed it. When I try to use it a message says "This plugin isn't registered. You have 9 days to register it, or click cancel."

Since I didn't buy it and have no serial number or authorization number, I click "cancel." The plugin interface opens, but I can't use it. It produces bitcrushed distortion instead of B3 sounds.

How does one "try" a plugin without authorizing it?
ikmultimedia_chris

Re: can't try Hammond B-3X?

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:29 pm

That should be the way to Try it.

It sounds like something-else is going on.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: can't try Hammond B-3X?

Postby ikmultimedia_chris » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:24 pm

thank you darkstar.

further experimentation indicates you are correct, i am able to Try the plugin. the problem is the output sounds like bitcrushed distortion.

when i try loading it into an existing tune i'm recording, 16 tracks with Amplitube 5 on two guitar tracks, i can't use B-3X at all. total distortion.

if i open a new project, create one new track, insert B-3X on that track and record some midi with my keyboard, i can save and play back the track, but with glitchy results. not total bitcrushed distortion, but not good midi B3 playback, either.

i suspect the plugin isn't happy on my system.

windows 10
16 gig RAM
Intel i7 2.6GHz quad core processor
Western Digital Caviar Black HD 7200rpm SATA 6.0G

i noticed Amplitube 5 loads and opens extremely slowly when i upgraded. no issues at all with Amplitube 4 on projects with 20 tracks and multiple instance of Amplitube 4. but a new project with only 15 tracks and two instances of Amplitube 5 takes forever to open. and each time i open the Amplitube 5 plugin to change settings, it takes nearly a minute to open.

the B-3X also takes forever to open. the screen freezes, pauses, churns, then finally the graphical interface opens. when it's the only track in a new project, i get glitchy output but at least i hear B3 sounds.

trying to use it in an existing project that includes two instances of Amplitube 5 produces pure bitcrushed distortion.

i figured i could deal with Amplitube 5 opening slowly and taking forever to load. but that problem, plus Hammond B-3X not working at all, suggests a system configuration problem.

any suggestions will be gratefully received.
ikmultimedia_chris

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More