B3X and expression pedal issue. [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B3X and expression pedal issue. [Resolved]

Postby JohnMartinKvalsund68 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:10 pm

I'm in the process of testing B3X to upgrade my clonewheel setup, which currently is based on NI B4 II. The console is a Yamaha Electone from the early nineties, where I use Bome's MIDI translator to adapt the organs controls to the clonewheel app.(Has worked fine for over a decade, Yamaha knows their stuff).

There is however an issue with the expression pedal.
On the B4, theres a "Drive" button which controls the amount of overdrive/distortion the expression pedal can generate. When set to zero, there's no overdrive even when full throttle on the pedal. On the B3x, the expression pedal seems to go directly on the gain-parameter, causing overdrive when exceeding level 3 on a scale to 10. This is a bit annoying, since using the expression pedal active is an important part of the Hammond playing-technic. I guess I can one way or another rescale the input value from the expression pedal, but that seems a bit akward. Anyone who has a clever setup for this?

Regards,
John Martin
JohnMartinKvalsund68

Re: B3X and expression pedal issue.

Postby JohnMartinKvalsund68 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:32 pm

Found it: The expression setting was on the Controls tab... My bad.

And so far the B3X is better than the B4 in most areas, just feel a little delay in the bass pedals. Guess thats a config issue aa well.
JohnMartinKvalsund68

Re: B3X and expression pedal issue. [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:26 pm

I am glad that you have found the answer.

Re: the Bass pedal delay _ i am not too sure that that is configurable. Can you report it to Technical Support?

-----------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More