Sampletank 4 CS Install Fail

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank 4 CS Install Fail

Postby CelestialSky582 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:38 pm

When Installing CS, this error keeps popping up.

Unable to execute file:
E:\IK Multimedia\Custom Shop\cs2_inst.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified.

I have done a computer-wide file search, but the file cs2_inst.exe is nowhere on my computer.

I have gone into windows security and made a scan exclusion like instructed in this FAQ post, but that did nothing.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index. ... FsbGF0aW9u

Does anyone know what to do?
CelestialSky582

Re: Sampletank 4 CS Install Fail

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:40 pm

That's the Custom Shop application, so SampleTank 4 itself likely installed correctly. You can run the installer that was downloaded by browsing to the directory where IK Product Manager downloads your installers (you can find that location in the settings) and it will most likely install correctly.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby CelestialSky582 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:21 am

Peter_IK wrote:That's the Custom Shop application, so SampleTank 4 itself likely installed correctly. You can run the installer that was downloaded by browsing to the directory where IK Product Manager downloads your installers (you can find that location in the settings) and it will most likely install correctly.

Yes, SampleTank4 is installed correctly. However, when running the installer directly (custom_shop_2.0.0.exe) or by trying via the Product Manager, I get the same error.

(Unable to execute file:
X:\IK Multimedia\Custom Shop\cs2_inst.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified.)

If it helps, the download directory is in (X:/Users/{Myusername}/Documents/IK Multimedia)

Why the (X:), you ask? I have two drives, (X:) and (C:). (C:) is full and of no consequence since (X:) is my primary drive. Just thought I'd clarify.
CelestialSky582

Postby CelestialSky582 » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:23 am

P.S. I realize that I typed in (E:) instead of (X:) in the first error message for some reason. It is (X:), not (E:)
CelestialSky582

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:48 am

Sorry to hear that. At this point it would be best to work directly with IK Support for official technical support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you haven't already opened a ticket. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More