Questions about installing/reinstalling

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Questions about installing/reinstalling

Postby twilson74 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:25 am

Hey all,

I'm a big fan of IK's stuff though I've experienced more than a few issues that I am not sure how to resolve. Before I submit yet another support ticket to IK, I thought maybe I'd ask some questions here and see if I can get some guidance how to best proceed.

First off, I just upgraded to Total Studio 3 Max today and I am very happy about it. I was waiting for the optimal deal to upgrade to Amplitube 5 Max and to get some other things like ARC3, Mixbox, the new features in T-Racks, etc-- and when I logged into my IK account, I saw that my personal discount was very attractive. I was able to get everything I wanted and more for a really good deal. In my experience, IK gives unbelievable quality for the money.

Now, I more or less have two questions/issues

First, I already had all of the SampleTank content that was included in Total Studio 2 Max-- which is a lot. Now I have access to all of SampleTank 4 MAX content-- But I kinda need to watch my amount of storage-- I have some other vendors' libraries on an external SSD but I prefer to keep all my IK stuff on my internal 2 TB SSD. I would not want to mix content from one vendor across multiple drives. In the Product Manager I see that there is still a lot of SampleTank sounds available to download in SampleTank4-- it says "Download size 83.7GB 36 of 42 Files Remaining) but then when I also go to SampleTank 4 Max in the Product Manager, it says "Download size 176.8GB (91 of 97 files remaining).

So If I add those two together it's saying that I should have 260.5 GB of sound content to download. That seems like a lot considering what I already have (all the stuff included from Total Studio 2 Max). Is some of that content redundant/already downloaded from my previous version? Like I'm not going to be downloading Alan Parsons' Piano TWICE for example am I?

Also, if so, I can download some of it but probably not a lot of extra space on my storage drive for all of it-- so I have to pick and choose.

OK, second question... I mentioned before having a problem with both Syntronik and Miroslav not having any instruments in them. The instruments from each appear in Sampletank but not within their respective apps-- except for some reason the SAM synth does appear and is the only synth that shows up in my Syntronik-- and even then a good number of the patches don't work and display that "Sample not found at tank path" message.

So I'd like to get my issue with Syntronik fixed-- and I want to do that in conjunction with my upgrade now to Syntronik Deluxe-- which I am hesitating to install until I know how to proceed. My problem is that I'm afraid if I just try to reinstall the Syntronik libraries that they will appear as duplicates in SampleTank-- which I don't want to happen.

Also-- and this is very important-- I've mentioned that when I try to run an instrument scan in both Syntronik and Miroslav the "recan" window with the progress meter comes up but then immediately glitches out and disappears at about 10% progress, in like less than a second. So I think there is a bug in there somewhere and someone else on the forum mentioned the same thing happening to him too.

Somehow I think it would be simpler if I could just uninstall Syntronik and Miroslav and then reinstall them but I'm not sure how-- or if that would be a good idea. And also I don't want to end up making problems messier.

I think a lot of my problems began around the same time I had to manually install Billy Cobham drums because that was the one pack that wouldn't install automatically from the Product Manager. I had to drag a few folders here and there-- and despite the fact that I think I did it correctly it still did not work "Sample not found at tank path", I started having issues with Syntronik and Miroslav. I similarly had issues with gear disappearing from Amplitube after doing a folder drag procedure to try to import the artist presets from March.

I would suggest that in the future all presets and things of that sort be handled automatically by the Product Manager rather than doing separate downloads and folder drags.

I really love these products, but I need help with some of these issues. Hopefully someone can chime in on one or both of these questions.

Thanks,

Ted
twilson74

Re: Questions about installing/reinstalling

Postby twilson74 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:10 am

Update-- I just reinstalled Syntronik and it seems to have fixed the major issue with Syntronik.

I am still having problems where certain random patches give me that "sample cannot be found at tank" message.

And I just now noticed that with within SampleTank, every Synth model (except for the new models in Deluxe) now lists DUPLICATES of every preset. arrrgh! How do I fix this?

Also I went ahead and reinstalled Miroslav; now the instruments work within Miroslav but in SampleTank each Miroslav patch is duplicated as well.

And I looked at my hard drive storage space and I it looks like I have duplicates of each taking up a ton of space on my hard drive. I need to clear out the duplicate samples but I don't know I should do that without screwing something up.
twilson74

Re: Questions about installing/reinstalling

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:07 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

This looks too complex to sort out here; the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help.

Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More