Help - IK Multimedia VST's won't play through Keystation 88

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Help - IK Multimedia VST's won't play through Keystation 88

Postby hugoagogo » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi - wondering if anyone has encountered this or if you might have any suggestions? Here's the details:

I pulled my M-Audio Keystation 88 out of storage after approx. one year. I'm finding that all VST's play through it except every one of my IK VST's (ST3, ST4, Syntronik, SampleMoog). I have no issues with my other M-Audio keyboard (an Oxygen 49). I've tried as a standalone, through Reaper as a VST; I've switched cables and USB ports; I've had one controller at a time plugged in and both plugged in at the same time; I've tried PC restarts too, and the Oxygen 49 works with everything, and the Keystation88 works with everything except the IK Products.

If anyone has any theories, I'd be happy to give them a go. I'm just baffled why a specific brand of software is doing this.

Running Windows 10 through a i5-7400
hugoagogo

Re: Help - IK Multimedia VST's won't play through Keystation

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:57 pm

Check the MIDI channel that the Keystation is using for its MIDI Notes.

Or, in Reaper, you can map the Input MIDI to, say, MIDI channel 01.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby hugoagogo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:03 pm

Thank you DarkStar. I guessed it was something silly. I'm used to having keyboards with dedicated midi channel switching controls & display. The 88 has an advanced button which when triggered allows the actual keys to set any advanced programs. I must have accidently shut something off, but once I set it to a specific midi channel again, I was set.

I appreciate your help - I believe you may have helped me on the reaper forum in the past as well. Although I've been doing this for ten years now off and on, I'll always consider myself a novice and it is very nice when people offer help without judging how silly the questions may appear. So, thank-you to you, and everyone who takes time from their day to help out when they can.
hugoagogo

Postby garfy » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:37 am

Hi hugoagogo

Thanks for the thanks :) This is exactly the kind of forum we are trying to develop here.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More