Problem downloading SampleTank data with Product Manager

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Problem downloading SampleTank data with Product Manager

Postby momori » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:46 pm

Hi Folks
I've been having these problems with Product Manager I get two different Javascript Errors "A JavaScript error occurred in the main process Uncaught Exception Error ENOTDIR not a directory, mkdir when opening product manager and another with a long list of directories e.i. /Application/IK Product manager.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/node_modules/recursive-readdir/index.js:81:22 maybe someone will have an idea what is happening because I'm scratching my head .
TTFN
Mark
momori

Re: Problem downloading SampleTank data with Product Manager

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:37 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

--------------------------
Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby momori » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:53 pm

Thank Darkstar
I have looked at the knowledge base and have sent two support emails over the past week and I'm still waiting for a response other than the auto-response.
I'll check to see if I can download the sounds without using the Product Manager.
TTFN
Mark
momori

Postby DarkStar » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Yes, you should be able to - have a look in My Products /SampleTank, then "Sounds Download".
From there you can download and install them one at a time.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby momori » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:06 am

Hi DarkStar
Yep that's what I did and downloaded everything now after days installing and re-installing I want my life back as I installed everything as they say to do but I gete all the libary icons nothing in catergories or filters or instruments my path is correct as I have all the icons for everything I've install and it matches what is show on the site. The multis load and play that is all.
Forgive me DarkStar as I would like to curse as I'm rather f**ked off with spending so much time installing something that I cnanot seem to understand why it is not intalled correct but on my hard drive everything is in the right place but all my file have the st3i rather than the st4i that it should have.
Sorry I just want to get back to making so music some time soon and this is not making music.
TTFN
Mark
momori

Postby momori » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:27 am

Hi DarkStar
after a search on the forum someome else had the same problem and there's a solution so That's good except my whole library is still showing a st3i so there must be still some file on my Mac OS that is a sampletank 3 file and when installing it's just defaulted to that. So I probably have to start again for the 3rd time.
momori

Postby DarkStar » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:20 pm

You may not need to do it all again. The best thing to do is contact Technical Support, as suggested in the post above.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More