B-3X with Logic X

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B-3X with Logic X

Postby Arroyo23 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:33 pm

Hey folks,

New to the forum here but have owned IK products through the years. Thinking about checking out the B-3X iPad app and wanted to see if there was anyone who is using the plug-in with Logic-X and if so what are your thoughts about it and it's functionality?

Looks and sounds excellent to me. I recently purchased a Yamaha YC-61 which is nice, but the Leslie simulation just plain sucks. Thinking of using B-3X through an iPad and mapping the controllers to the B-3X, and using the plugin for studio work with my Mac.

Many thanks for any insight!
Arroyo23

Re: B-3X with Logic X

Postby twilson74 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:59 pm

I bought the B-3X to use with Logic and it's awesome. Of course it also works in standalone, which is nice.

I'm not much of an organist-- I'm primarily a guitarist and to be honest, up til last year I never even liked the sound of B-3 organs or anything of the sort all that much-- I could appreciate their place in music history but that tone was never something I thought I wanted or needed in my own music.

I had some other 3rd party B-3 emulations that are pretty good-- and Apple's own within Logic X is really nice. But man, the realism of the B-3X impressed me so much I had to buy it after my demo ended. All the little details in the tones and the feel of it. Makes me want to be a better organ player. Sometimes I'm not really in the mood to play music, but I'll open up B-3X and just mash some keys to hear those deep hypnotic sounds.

It was easy to set up my sustain pedal to control the Leslie speed--and the Leslies are so nice here. I don't need much more functionality than that, but I know it can do whatever.

I've had zero issues with pulling it up in Logic to lay down some tracks. I find myself using it on almost everything, in some capacity.
twilson74

Re: B-3X with Logic X

Postby Arroyo23 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:26 pm

Thanks twilson74. Appreciate your insights!

cheers,
Arroyo23

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More