NEW to the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 crowd BUT....??

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

NEW to the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 crowd BUT....??

Postby Tonydeconcini1 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:37 pm

Hey all, I'm new to this site and new (sort of) to using digital instruments for orchestration and composing. I DO have a question that I asked of the support team but no answers yet.

Just bought this software yesterday and have spent HOURS literally, making everything work - and it still doesn't work like I have since read that it should. I just got the download of 2.0.6 however, upon installing that and all the components required, I got that nasty "unable to find the .vpa file" even though it's there, the dll was properly placed for the DAW and this version just wouldn't work. SO I did some research here and found that many others have had similar issues and that the recommendation was to download version 2.0.5 - which I did and it subsequently works now with all the accompanying downloaded instrument files, updates, all the SampleTank free files and even the SampleTank 3 and 4 added instruments and such.

SO thus far, I'm not completely stressed over it - but boy....talk about convoluted installation? ESPECIALLY for the technically challenged (me). But I knew just enough to figure it out, to research the issues and make it work with the previous version. The question I have is - is the 2.0.6 version ever going to work or should I be satisfied that it works at all - having been bought and paid for? I paid for the newer version, downloaded THOSE instrument files so I guess it's all there. But WHAT is in 2.0.6 that wasn't in 2.0.5 (which works where 6 doesn't)?

Further, while I appreciate the savings from the original price whatever it was - several hundred bucks, this was "supposedly" on sale for $199. BUT I bought and paid for the newest version. And the thing that upsets me is that while I paid for this at $199 - I went back in several times yesterday AFTER I already paid for it (with credit card) and noticed where I could NOW buy it for $119 dollars - $80 less. But it wasn't $119 when I paid for it - it was $199. Any ideas why this is this way?

I mean for what I think I've gotten here - and having paid as much or more for other libraries - this is still a deal I guess though it's now how old? 10-15 years old? Though the update - that I paid for - didn't and would NOT work no matter what I did for the 2.0.6 but 2.0.5 does - and for that I'm grateful. But being retired on fixed income, it would have been nice to see it at $119 bucks instead of $199 that I already paid.

Anyway, grateful for this site, this software and the community support that is apparent here. Hopefully I can get to work and get some things done now. Anyway, appreciate your time reading this.

Best

TonyDeConcini
Tonydeconcini1

Re: NEW to the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 crowd BUT....??

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:20 pm

Hello Tonydeconcini1 and welcome to the forum

(I added a few paragraph breaks to your post to make it easier to read.

Let's see if I can answer your questions:

v2.0.6
The Release Notes just say
" Fixed a crash when accessing settings while in DAW
Compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina"

I do hope that IKM release v2.0.7 at some stage.

Pricing (all prices below exclude VAT)
  • MP2's regular price is 299.99
  • MP2's current sale price is 199.99
  • MP2 crossgrade's current sale price is 119.99
As you have now got MP2 you qualify for various crossgrades / upgrades. THat is why you are seeing that low price now. If you go to your User Area / Crossgrades and Upgrades section you will see what others are available to you.

MP2 was first released at the end of 2015.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: NEW to the Miroslav Philharmonik 2 crowd BUT....??

Postby Tonydeconcini1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:56 pm

Good day DarkStar,

THANKS for the update and the added information. As I believe I said, I DO appreciate the price - the only thing that threw me is seeing it listed at $119 AFTER I'd already paid $199 for it - but I understand the Upgrade/Crossgrade issue - so no problem. I think it's a deal for sure and glad to have gotten it. AND further, the issues with 2.0.6 being discussed lots of threads on this forum, I did what others recommended, downloaded 2.0.5, installed it and it worked. Then late last night, I noticed on my account page an UPGRADE to 2.0.6 - which I already had downloaded. So I just went ahead, took the plunge, and ran the install on the 2.0.6 current version (actually it said 2.0.6.113 so I assumed that was it no matter what. HOPING that it would hold as others have said and it has.

SO now I have it loaded, have played with it some - GREAT stuff by all means. Incredibly robust, complete beyond the max, including all the instrumentation from MPO 1, the extras from SampleTank 3 and 4 - simply a great deal, hard to beat. I've purchased other libraries for more that were NOT this complete - yet it's not over-done, easy to navigate and I'm lovin' it already.

Anyway thank you for your comments, your help and the added information. All makes sense now, all seems right and working ALTHOUGH there are a few "odd things" I saw with a MULTI - where it says Strings + Timpani (I think - might have been Orchestra + timp) - and don't see how the timpani is supposed to sound as I don't hear it in there. But timp can be added as another percussion patch so no big deal. There is likely something I'm not getting. Time to READ THE BOOK eh? LOL!! That's my next move.

Appreciate the help. Great software. Saw it some time ago and decided to dive in.

Best

Tony DeConcini
Tonydeconcini1

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More