B–3X Hammond organ simulator Issues

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

B–3X Hammond organ simulator Issues

Postby marksalore » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:56 pm

Hi
Here's my issue and I'm hoping someone can assist me

Issue I am having:
I am using Digital performer 10.13 with Mojave on a Mac with B–3X Hammond organ simulator

I am using multiple virtual instruments but the particular one I having an issue with is IK multimedia B–3X Hammond organ simulator

I have an organ track in which throughout the track I am adjusting volume, Leslie on and off and a drawer bar control.

When I play back the track in real-time everything is smooth.
When I bounced to disc it seems like the controllers adjusting the Volume, Leslie and drawbar act erratically and do not engage at the proper moment of the track that they are supposed to.

It seems like they are reacting late, so at the beginning of the measure when I want a volume drop it seems to drop about 1 beat into the new measure.
I do have the latest version of the Hammond plug-in 1.3.1

I have tried copying the track to a brand-new file in case there was some corruption and the same thing happened with no change.

When I freeze the track and turn it into an audio file and then bounce it down it does function properly.

So the obvious issue here is the bounce to disc and the Hammond B3 virtual plug-in functioning properly with their controllers when it is being bounced

I am on a Mac mini 2018 maxed out with ram and hard disk and processor

Any suggestions would be appreciated
marksalore

Re: B–3X Hammond organ simulator Issues

Postby knelt » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:30 am

I am having the exact same issue on Cubase. If you find and answer I would be so pleased
knelt

Postby garfy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Hello marksalore and knelt

Sorry to hear you're having these issues.

I've tried to replicate the same process on my system (specs in sig) and in Logic it works as expected - the automation (volume, drawbars, Leslie) all happen at the correct time in the bounce. Admittedly I just bounced a drum track and the B-3X, but this shouldn't make a difference.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby dereksas » Fri May 21, 2021 6:46 pm

Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm having the same problem in Cubase as well and it's driving me up a friggin' wall!!
dereksas

Postby kendalosborne » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:00 am

I'm having the same problem in Nuendo / Cubase. Makes it insanely annoying to use this IK product because I have to print in real time for it to work correctly. PLEASE help with this issue IK! I've been on Cubase/Nuendo for 12 years and never had this issue with any other plugin.

Windows 10 here, so at least we can likely rule out a Mac/Win issue.

I have also noticed that the issue happens at random - I've tried rendering organ parts 3-4 times, and the stuck notes / sustain pedal errors are different every time.
kendalosborne

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:10 am

Have you reported your issue to IK Support? Sounds like they could assist you and take care of your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby juanjuano » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:53 am

I'm having an even more extreme version of this problem. I cannot render, freeze, or do anything with B-3X without having CC issues, but playback is fine.

Things I tried:
- Turning ASIO Guard off for Hammond B3-X
- Rendering in real time
- Freezing
- Creating a new track
- Changing sample rate
- Render in place
- Starting again on an empty project
- Restarting the computer
- Changing buffer size

The sounds is to die for (congrats on a great job, IK!) but if you cannot get it out of the DAW, then... it's not usable.

I've contacted support some days ago, but while I wait for a response, I'd love to know if someone, somewhere, found a solution to this problem. I know this must be an obscure problem, or else there would be lots of people complaining, but still. Any help will be appreciated. I'm using Cubase 11.0.41 on Windows 10, with an RME Fireface UC as sound card.

Thanks in advance!
juanjuano

Postby dschreier » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:19 am

In the Cakewalk deals forum on September 26 2021, "chris.r" posted:

Question to those who have B-3X already installed. Please check if you can draw some crescendos and decrescendos as MIDI CC#11 events (in controller pane in the PRV, in Cakewalk) over some notes then export audio (or just freeze), and see if the volume changes are smooth in rendered audio? I'm getting erratic volume jumps instead of crescendos which renders the B-3X useless in Cakewalk for me. If I'm not alone this needs to be fixed asap.

to which I replied:

This is definitely true - I've worked around it by converting the cc11 to NRPN "expression pedal". To convert data from the controller pane in the PRV, first convert that to an envelope and from there to NRPN. Then it seems to freeze or export with smooth volume changes.

chris.r indicated he had contacted support and been asked for a video.
I went ahead and made a couple videos:

B-3X CC11 Bug.mp4
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/applicatio ... p?id=20147
B-3X CC11 Bug Work-Around.mp4
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/applicatio ... p?id=20148

or just look at them here:
https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php? ... ent=278446

The erratic jumps on mixdown/freeze happen with other cc#s - not only cc11 - for controlling drawbars, etc.

I'm sending this message to support also.

...Dave
dschreier

Postby juanjuano » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:46 am

Thank you for posting, Dave. Good to know this happens in different DAWs...

I still haven't heard from support, but in the meantime, perhaps it's a good idea to try to narrow this down. After all, this can't be happening to everyone, or else the forums will be full of people complaining.

Since it's not the DAW, nor the operative system... maybe something to do with the CPU? I have a pretty old one, an i7 2700k. Can I ask you what you are using? Thanks!!
juanjuano

Postby dschreier » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:06 am

hi juanjuano,
I wouldn't assume that "this can't be happening to everyone" - everyone just hasn't noticed it for whatever reason - perhaps not using cc automation, etc.
Again, rendering in real time does work for me as well as converting the cc to NRPN.
I get the same result on my Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K as on my newer Lnvo2in1's i7-1065G7
I agree - not the DAW or the operating system - seems most likely the problem is with the IK plugin.
dschreier

Postby juanjuano » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:06 pm

Thanks again for your response, Dave. I'm glad to know that you found a workaround. I wish it was as simple as rendering in real time in my case... I'll see if I can convert cc data to NRPN in Cubase.

And please, don't get me wrong: the problem IS in the plugin. But something must be triggering it; and in my head I picture everyone using at least cc#1 to speed up the Leslie... But you are right: It's more likely that people are either not noticing or finding other ways to render like you or some other posters did.

I wish support would answer. It's been around a week...
juanjuano

Postby juanjuano » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:39 pm

So, more than a month later, not only the issue hasn't been fixed, I still haven't heard from support.

If someone from IK is watching this, please, let me know I'm not just screaming into the ether. My support case number is #1144157.
juanjuano

Postby sevenview » Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:38 pm

I am having the same issues rendering in Studio One. I can render, but no Leslie speed changes or anything else is rendered. What in the world were they thinking that people would want to use this plugin for if you can't render it properly in a mix?
sevenview

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:33 pm

sevenview wrote:I am having the same issues rendering in Studio One. I can render, but no Leslie speed changes or anything else is rendered. What in the world were they thinking that people would want to use this plugin for if you can't render it properly in a mix?

Hammond B-3X should render properly like any other plugin. If you are having a technical issue please open a ticket with IK Support and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sevenview » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:26 pm

I did put in a ticket so we'll see where that goes. From what I can see other people have tried that and have gotten nowhere, and the issue seems to be still persisting for them.
sevenview

Next

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More