Syntronik uses too much RAM

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik uses too much RAM

Postby Barafu Albino Cheetah » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:16 pm

My Syntronik uses 2Gb RAM per instance without loading the sounds, and after choosing the preset it may take up to 2.8Gb. Anybody else experiences this? I know that samplers are known for gobbling up too much RAM, but 2Gb for itself is around 10 times more than any similar product uses.
I did ask the support whether it is a normal behavior or not, but they keep the solemn silence. I just can't use it in FlStudio because FlStudio can't freeze VSTs in a way that clears RAM. Reaper can, but having to freeze all but a few tracks all the time is still inconvenient. I thought my 16Gb RAM would be enough for hobby music writing - Nope.
What can be causing it? I use 64bit FlStudio and Reaper. Win 10. SampleTank is huge too - 1-1.5Gb. I did set the buffer settings in SampleTank to a minimum - it barely made a difference of about 100Mb.
Barafu Albino Cheetah

Re: Syntronik uses too much RAM

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:44 pm

I do not think that the user can do anything about the size. It's down to how the products are designed and coded.

I'll guess that the resizeable graphics in some of them uses a load of space too.

Having said that, I agree, some of the sizes are immense.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Barafu Albino Cheetah » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 pm

I have found out that if the plugin is bridged (still 64bit), the total consuption of RAM (host + bridge) goes down to 700Mb. Which is still crazy for an empty sampler: other similar plugins take no more than 200.
Barafu Albino Cheetah

Postby Barafu Albino Cheetah » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:21 am

No, looks like I was wrong about that part. When the plugin is bridged, I just lose the ability to track the RAM used. With nothing else running, 7 to 9 instances of Syntronik crash my work.
Barafu Albino Cheetah

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:10 pm

I show far less RAM usage for Syntronik in Windows 10. I'd advise contacting IK Support if you feel you are experiencing something out of the ordinary.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Barafu Albino Cheetah » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:20 pm

I already did. They keep silent. (I do get automatic replies).
Barafu Albino Cheetah

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:16 am

Barafu Albino Cheetah wrote:I already did. They keep silent. (I do get automatic replies).

Only the first reply (the confirmation) is automated. You must reply to tell them suggestions aren't working or they won't be able to resolve your issue.

Since this isn't a tech support forum and you do not seem willing to work with the people who will be able to help you as no other users have chimed in and the mods/admins have attempted to give you what help they can (but again, are not tech support) this thread seems to have run its course. Please reply to IK Support and let them know your issue has not been resolved.

If you have a ticket that has not been handled to your satisfaction and is taking too long we do have specific information about what to do in those cases in the forum guidelines posted here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More