SampleTank Instruments Missing [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank Instruments Missing [Resolved]

Postby jrjdotmac » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:12 pm

I wanted to share the following troubleshooting tip for anyone on Mac OS who is unable to get their Instruments to load in to SampleTank 4. Version 4.1.3 (20H14)

Issue: After installing and authorizing all of the SampleTank 3, SampleTank 4 and Syntronik instruments, samples, etc. I am unable to get them to load in to SampleTank 4.

All of the sound libraries can be seen in SampleTank 4, but their corresponding Categories, Filters and Instruments sections are empty.

I pointed the path under "Settings > Sound Content" to the correct SampleTank 3 and SampleTank 4 directories and chose "Rescan All", but nothing would happen. It seemed as if SampleTank 4 couldn't see the libraries.

Additional Information: I installed all of my libraries onto an external drive using the default library paths under the IK Multimedia directory that I created. Here is a link to what the default paths should be for SampleTank 4: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/search_faq.php?quick=QUICKSW&id=1235

SampleTank 3 has its own separate directories and the two should not be mixed together.

Resolution: Under my Mac's "Documents" folder, SampleTank 4 created the directory "IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4". There are a few items under this directory.

Get rid of this entire directory. Either move it, .zip it up, back it up... just remove the entire tree of files. I chose to .zip the contents up and delete the directory.

The next time I stated SampleTank 4 it immediately looked to my removable drive for the library contents and now everything appears and loads fine.

Possible Causes: I had installed the free version of SampleTank 4 and the files under "Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4" might have been left over from that previous installation.

However, it also appears that no matter what paths are set up under "Settings > Sound Content", SampleTank 4 will first look to "Documents/IK Multimedia/SampleTank 4" and if content is found there it will stop and look no further.

This resolution might also work for Windows users with the same issue. I welcome replies, feedback and updates and hope this helps someone avoid lost hours of troubleshooting.
jrjdotmac

Re: SampleTank Instruments Missing [Resolved]

Postby danwilson5 » Sun May 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Hi jrjdotmac

Thanks for the tip. I am about to embark on moving my files to an external ssd as well and find this post very timely

Dan
danwilson5

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More