"Authorizations" question

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

"Authorizations" question

Postby Me1234567 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:07 pm

I clone my hard drive every few month, but using SAME machine. To a VERY unpleasant surprise I noticed that I LOST an authorization for IK products when I used cloned drive. So now I have one LESS authorization. I have plenty of other software that are not attaching license to hard drive or does NOT limit my authorizations. How is this solved with IK? I will NOT stop making my backups and using cloned drives, that is how I know if it was cloned correctly, however what is the mechanism to NOT lose IK authorizations (the only company that I know of that does this!!)

Kindly IK let me know.
Me1234567

Re: "Authorizations" question

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:36 pm

You are now able to de-authorize via the IK Product Manager so this should not be an issue for you going forward if you do so before you clone.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Me1234567 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:53 pm

Peter,
Thank you for reply.
Can you please clarify one item and answer another please.
1) I assume by de-authorizing and re-authorizing, I will not "lose" number of "available" authorizations?

2) Since I did not de-authorized registration on the drive that I put on the shelf and authorized IK stuff on new hard drive, will original authorizaion still be on that original hard drive, or it is gone after I authorized it on new hard drive?

Thank you.
Me1234567

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:57 pm

You should not lose authorizations when you unauthorize. Anything you have not done so for will not change the number. However, as with pre-IK Product Manager days where you could not unauthorize, if you run out of authorizations IK Support can help you out.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bill.schneller » Fri May 13, 2022 8:23 pm

I know this thread is more than a year old, but I did a similar thing where I cloned my system drive so I could upgrade from a 500GB drive to a 1TB drive. Everything else in the machine is the same except for the system drive. I still have the old drive intact, so I assume I could swap the old drive back in and unauthorize my IK Multimedia products on the old drive which would restore my authorizations. Is that correct?
bill.schneller

Postby Juvelez66 » Sun Jul 23, 2023 6:56 pm

It is happening again?

Everything has been suddenly deauthorized in the same machine, now I have 9 authorization left, when open the DAW Sample Tank said 10 days for try finished, everything were properly Authorized, is the very same machine. If this still happening some day wont be any authorizations left. I have to re-authorize everything?

Juvelez66

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:34 pm

Authorizations can be triggered by hardware and other changes. Best would be to ask IK Support what might have triggered this in your case.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Juvelez66 » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:31 pm

I recently, a couple of weeks ago, upgraded my system drive, so every time I upgrade my system drive or any other drive, I am going to loose one Authorization?.

It would be pretty useful if IK give us a list of the hardware that will affect current authorization status when is changed to be aware before, HDD, Memory, CPU, GPU, Mouse?
Juvelez66

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:35 pm

Juvelez66 wrote:I recently, a couple of weeks ago, upgraded my system drive, so every time I upgrade my system drive or any other drive, I am going to loose one Authorization?.

It would be pretty useful if IK give us a list of the hardware that will affect current authorization status when is changed to be aware before, HDD, Memory, CPU, GPU, Mouse?

Not necessarily. But IK Support should be able to answer any more specific questions you have about it.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jsakkine » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:28 pm

The authorization system of IK Multimedia is broken by definition because it can wear out over long time. It is just an objective fact.

E.g. if a hard drive dies there's no way to remove authorization by any possible means. This happened me once when I forgot deauthorize when upgrading OS, and now I have disturbing 9/10 authorizations in some plugins. Sure it does not matter that much right now but makes the whole user experience somewhat stressing.

Even with iLok you have means revoke authorizations. The whole scheme is straight from hell. I would rather have 2-3 revokable authorizations.
jsakkine

Postby P12McNoodle » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:10 pm

I had to change my hard disk on my notebook. Thus I could not unauthorise the software on that particular notebook.
After repair 5 of my authorizations for every software (AP 5, TONEX, T-Racks and others) have vanished. Why? Now I have e.g. only one more authorization left for AP 5 and TONEX which is too close to nothing!!
I'm not cheating in any form, promised!
What can I do, Peter please help
Best regards
Patrick
P12McNoodle

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:55 pm

P11McNoodle wrote:I had to change my hard disk on my notebook. Thus I could not unauthorise the software on that particular notebook.
After repair 5 of my authorizations for every software (AP 5, TONEX, T-Racks and others) have vanished. Why? Now I have e.g. only one more authorization left for AP 5 and TONEX which is too close to nothing!!
I'm not cheating in any form, promised!
What can I do, Peter please help
Best regards
Patrick

IK Support would be able to look at your account directly and advise. Thanks!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby P12McNoodle » Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:31 pm

Thx Peter,
here's the response from the IK Support:

"As you have noticed the max number of authorizations has been reduced from 10 to 5 per software.

Although our EULA limits use of our software to 3 machines at a time, because there was no way to unauthorize machines we increased the number of authorizations provided as a work-around, to save users the trouble of contacting support each time they reached their limit.

Since IK’s new Product Manager gives users the possibility to manage authorizations, removing and re-activating them at will, we have reverted our system to previous behavior. With the ability to de-authorize machines as needed, you should never reach the limit of your authorizations.

In the rare case this does happen, just contact us and we’ll take care as always.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions."

Conclusion: It had nothing to do with the service on my notebook.
P12McNoodle

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More