Sampletank / M-Audio Keystation 61 Mk3 [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Sampletank / M-Audio Keystation 61 Mk3 [Resolved]

Postby m.j.kavanagh » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:41 pm

I've installed Sampletank as I'm interested in buying the Cinematic Percussion pack, however I can play instruments with the virtual keyboard in standalone but get no response from my midi keyboard either standalone or in Cakewalk (lasters version 2020.11). I have had no issues with any other VSTs I've installed.

In standalone I have tried all 4 midi inputs in the settings, and none work.

I'm using a an M-Audio Keystation 61

I am a newbie at this DAW malarkey - I just want to make some music but sometimes the `techie` side of this is a bit overwhelming!

There are other comments on this forum which suggest the this has been solved before, but for the life of me I cannot see any documented fixes.

Thanks in advance for any help
m.j.kavanagh

Re: Sampletank / M-Audio Keystation 61 Mk3

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Hello m.j.kavanagh and welcome to the forum.

I am pretty sure that no fixes were =needed to SampleTank itself; rather the solutions were configuring the keyboard or DAW or both suitably.

Anyway, let;'s check a few things first, to narrow down the cause:
-- do you mean SampleTank 4 ("ST4") or SampleTank 3 ("ST3")?
-- which instruments are listed in SampleTank's browser?
-- can you confirm that you can play other plug-instruments in Cakewalk from your MIDI keyboard?
-- can you find out what MIDI channel your keyboard is using to send the MIDI notes?
-- have you installed the Cinematic Percussion library yet?
-- if so, are its files in sub-folders in the "Instruments" and "Samples" folders of the main SampleTank sounds library?

Ah, hold on a moment, Cinematic Percussion library maybe in SampleTank 3 format. In which case, if you are using ST4 then you just need to add the path to the St3 library in ST4's Settings / Sound Content.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby m.j.kavanagh » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:53 pm

Thank you so much DarkStar.

I took a look at your reply and ended up changing the midi channel on the keyboard - I don't know what the default was but I changed it to 1 and Hey Presto.

See, I told you I'm a newbie!

Thanks again,
Mark
m.j.kavanagh

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 pm

Good Oh

You're not the first to tun into that particular issue, and you won't be the last :)

---------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More