ST 4 and iRig pads

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

ST 4 and iRig pads

Postby vandsvb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:16 am

Hello, is it possible to use full iRig pads control for ST4? I know it can be done in ST3 but I can’t seem to have it work on ST4 the way it works on ST3. I would appreciate any clarification on this matter. Thanks!

I’m running ST4 on Windows 10. Asus TUF Ryzen 7, 32gb memory
vandsvb

Re: ST 4 and iRig pads

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:44 am

I would think so.

The ST4 User Manual says "Pad interface lets you launch patterns, loops or single notes seamlessly from iRig Keys I/O or any MIDI controller" but there is no info on how the virtual pads work in ST4 (I have asked Support for that info, and for it to be added to the User Manual).

And the ST4 virtual pads look to be simpler than those in ST3.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vandsvb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:37 pm

I see, I appreciate the ST3 layout that has one button to activate full iRig Pads integration. I tried fiddling clicking the “virtual pad” button in ST4 but it seems that it’s not the same as the pad button in ST3 so now i’m left in the dark.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
vandsvb

Postby DarkStar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:31 pm

Ah, now I see that you posted "full iRig pads control" so maybe not.

However the iRig Pads web page says:
iRig Pads' familiar 16-pad layout makes it an ideal platform for creating beats while on the go. It comes with a free copy of SampleTank 4 SE for Mac/PC, a full-featured version of IK's next generation sound and groove workstation. Its 30GB library of 2000 instruments combines effortlessly with iRig Pads to make a complete production workstation.

That would lead me to expect that they work well together.

The best thing to do is contact Support, via here, asking how to achieve full control. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some advice. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby vandsvb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:33 pm

Thank you! Really appreciate it.
vandsvb

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More