Hammond B-3X

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Hammond B-3X

Postby VincentReynolds » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:15 pm

I have purchased and installed the Hammond B3-X latest update on my PC running under Windows 8.1 64 bit. i access the software from my Yamaha MODX through Midi over USB cable. The sound output quality is heavily distorted no matter what volume I use. What is wrong?
VincentReynolds

Re: Hammond B-3X

Postby garfy » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:48 pm

Hello there and welcome to the forums.

Firstly, I would suggest changing your username to something other than your email address, as this is likely to attract spambots harvesting information and sending you emails for anything from life insurance to...well, you get the picture.

As for the distortion, can you give us a little more detail please. What audio interface are you using and are you monitoring on headphones or speakers (or both)? Does the distortion change depending on which patch/preset you're using?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby VincentReynolds » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:58 pm

Thanks for the reply and advice. Updated.

I am using my Yamaha MODX with USB over midi as the audio interface. This accesses automatically the Yamaha Steinberg USB Asio driver. I also regularly access other soft synths like Syntronik without any problem on the same interface in the same manner and I monitor the sound over Studio speakers. These speakers show no distortion when I play other soft synths or the MODX. The distortion is heard over all the Hammond sounds even when i lower the output of the Hammond. Playing with the volume knob on the MODX also does not solve the problem.
VincentReynolds

Postby garfy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:40 am

That does sound very strange, particularly as you aren't having the same symptoms with other IK products.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQ page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More